 Off-Topic / Debate / 8876
8875  |  8877
Subject:
Macro-Evolution - Impossible!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:53:41 GMT

"Remember, the evidence the fossil record gives us is not about *how*
macroevolution happens, merely that it does."   ++Lar

The fossil record as an evidence for macro-evolution has two aspects which must
be considered:

1) Do strata (layers of soil) support a progressive, over millennia, approach
which can reveal the progression of life through time? Or is there a better
explanation (hypothesis) which fits the evidence?

2) Does the fossil record support macro-evolution as a mechanism - survival of
the fittest, a life-form progression producing creatures better fit to survive?

I posit that these are the key questions which need to be addressed.

I will address them one at a time, unless there is any dispute.

I would submit, though, that without an explanation for abiogenisis - another
tenant of evolutionary theory, there is nothing for the macro-evolution process
to work on, and that, more fundamental, question should logically be addressed
first.

-Jon