 Off-Topic / Debate / 8877
Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:54:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:
Lar said:
Or is there another possibility? I think the "the fossil record doesn't show
the coming and going of species" is pretty thoroughly discredited.

Actually I think that the fossile record shows no support for evolution at • all
and I rather surprised that you would hang your hat on such a discredited bit
of evidence.  About the only people who still use it are the mass media who
still think that the unwitting public will believe any thing they say.

If you would like to detail your support for the fossil record, please do so,
or, I can alternatively discredit it.

Since it's pretty commonly accepted by most real scientists (not just the
mass media, disdain for which I happen to share with you, but I digress),
I'll let *you* discredit that fossils represent the remains of animals, that
there are various species found as fossils, and that these species are of
various geologic ages, and that many of these species are no longer around...

Assuming you can, that is. It's a tall order, as you've got a lot to refute.
But the onus is on you, as extraordinary claims require extraordinary • evidence.

Feel free to start another thread if you want.

Done - Jon

Remember, the evidence the fossil record gives us is not about *how*
macroevolution happens, merely that it does.

++Lar