 Off-Topic / Debate / 8919
Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:14:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give one or, preferably, a few citations other than
The Bible or your single Web-Article to support your claim.

First - I've never said "leading" scientists, since that is always open to
debate.
I understand your thoughts/feelings on this - however, with this thread I'm
trying to establish what it is that I should be addressing regarding • evolution
- macro evolution, and in specific the fossil record.

Okay, but you haven't named names in any thread in which you've
participated.  My objection isn't simply to your line of reasoning (which is
a substantial objection, I grant you) but rather to your willful choice not
to support your claims beyond saying "that's impossible so there."
If I'm incorrect, and you have in fact cited references, can you at least
tell me in which thread this occurred, or what name you cited?

Please try to stay on the thread, and I will address the specifics as we come
to them.

There are so many threads here, and all of them intertwined, that it makes
little sense to require a participant to tailor remarks only to a single
branch.  Further, I've asked you in many threads to give references, and in
every thread you refuse, or at least fail, to provide those references.

Back up to the beginning and note Larry's comments - I've responded and I
think that's where we can start.  Meanwhile you might read Tim's post...

I wanted to establish a basis for the discussion before presenting evidence -
that way I can keep on subject better.

-Jon