 Off-Topic / Debate / 9027
Re: Support for Creationism (was Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 06:19:04 GMT

Tim Culberson wrote:

Jennifer Clark wrote:

Dr. Kent Hovind in one of his seminars describes how he collects school
text books with blatantly incorrect claims.

Schoolbooks due suffer from a variety of errors. This however is not
because Darwinian Evolution is wrong, but rather because the people writing
the books are more interested in selling them then getting their facts
right.

[1] His bet is pretty hokey anyway; I thought it was a different "point
[3"
in my other post, but essentially one has to prove that evolution is
responsible for the creation of the universe. Since neither Darwinian
Evolution nor anything else can be observed before "t0" (the creation of
the universe) due to the aforementioned singularity, it is *impossible*
(for anyone in our universe) to prove what he requests. Dr Dino has
perhaps the safest bet in the galaxy.

Exactly.  So why is it that the Evolutionary theory is so widely
accepted and taught in our public schools with no mention of its
*possible* downfalls?

For the same reason the the theory of gravity is, and the standard model
is, and the wave/particle duality is, etc.

Kids are generally not good scientists, and can only see things in black
and white. So we give the best start we can along the best guess we have by
presenting it as the TRUTH, and hope that they will also devlop some
critical thinking skills along the way so can accept new good data, reject
bad data, and be able to create new hypotheses, and test them on their own.