 Off-Topic / Debate / 8990
Re: Support for Creationism (was Re: Macro-Evolution - "Impossible!")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 02:41:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:

Again I apologize if I'm re-hashing what has already been discussed due
to my not following these discussions from the beginning but I assume by
saying that (and I do agree with that statement) I can also state with
the same implications that "Evolution" (in terms of the origins of earth
and all living things) is also NOT science, but rather a theory.

Do you understand what a theory is?  Do you understand that gravity is a
theory?  Do you understand that science deals in theories all the time?

If you
DO in fact disagree with this please please please hurry back to my
previously cited website http://www.drdino.com and collect your $250,
000 (that's a heck of a lot of LEGO!).

Evolution is positively anti-science. Science deals with >things that are testable, observable, and demonstrable and evolution has
none of those qualities.

Man's best friend (dogs).  Tested, observed, and demonstrable.  Perhaps you
may wish to be more specific.  In any case, note above that science deals
with things theoritical.

To call evolution "science"
Is to confuse fairy tales with facts. True, evolution has been mixed
with science for the last thirty years, but that does not mean that
it is the same as science.

Ummm, more like 150 years.  Dang, I forget when Darwin published.

Beer is often advertised during sporting
events but the two subjects have no logical connection, and evolution has
no more to do with science than beer has to do with sports."

I'm not sure I would have chosen an analogy between beer and evolution and
mention "no logical connection" at the same time.  ;-)

Bruce