 Off-Topic / Debate / 9079
9078  |  9080
Subject:
I've said enough...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:22:56 GMT

...And now that you've all read that subject line you've probably said
to yourself "aha! - He's been trapped and knows it and is going to make
an excuse so he doesn't have to admit he's wrong".....and you're
entitled to think that if you wish, and if I were in your position I
would probably think the same thing.

But I'll tell you the truth:  I've done nothing for the past week but
wake up, go to work, then come home and envelope myself in this debate.

When I jumped in I wasn't prepared for the mental stamina and time it
would require.

I now realize after coming directly home from work and sitting directly
down at the computer for 3 straight hours doing nothing but reading and
replying to messages in lugnet.off-topic.debate I'm only serving to
elevate my own stress and fatigue level.

I just finished reading like 10 or 20 more messages after finally
getting something to eat and I would love to reply to all of them and
give my views but I don't think I can keep up with it.

One problem is this debate is wide-open and unmoderated and that means I
can argue until I die literally and as long as someone else argues back
it will never come to a close.

I've attempted to make a few points, and people have replied with some
very good (as well as some what I percieve very poor) points, and I just
can't keep it up.

So for those of you who will continue to debate, I congradulate you on
putting the effort into it and will be interested to continue to follow
(but not re-enter) the debate.

(I'm gonna get back to my LEGO now :)
--
-TiM