 Off-Topic / Debate / 9013
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 00:25:10 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

I think the example I used last time is getting into heaven-- or really,
God's judgement of a person. If Joe and Bob are twins, they have the same
faith, same beliefs, same everything, can God judge one to be evil and one
to be good? Can He condemn one of them to heaven and the other to hell? Is
He allowed to do that? Certainly, if we had NO rights, God would be able to
do that. And you're perfectly welcome to say that God could. But I honestly
can't say that I'd respect a God that DID, and further, I couldn't respect a
God that COULD.

In effect what you are doing here is inventing you're own God.  Because
the God of the Bible DOESN'T fit what you'd like him to be, you decide
that you cannot believe in that God.

From whence did you get any rights you may have?  I believe in God given
rights.  Who gave you the right to disrespect God?  God is the ultimate
of what is fair.  From whence did you decide what constitutes fair and
what doesn't?  It's not a matter of whether or not you like God, it's a
matter of whether or not you believe in God.  If you say you DO believe
in God then it's not up to you to decide what God should be like.  IF
you don't believe then than you can think whatever you want.

--
-TiM
NB, CA