 Off-Topic / Debate / 8929
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:47:38 GMT

I didn't really want to step into the evolutionary debate as it's so much
plowed ground, but there's just something about speaking your mind that's
just irrisistable once in a while :)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:
Dave - don't get upset - I just thought that your posting was about joining
the 2 lines of thought together. That has been considered already. My point
is
precisely that.  I'm not attempting to debunk it here...

(I'm assuming that you mean "it" to be the scientific side, yes? In context
it sounds rather like you mean Dave's thought about combining the two, which
IS exactly what you're attempting to debunk, or should be)

Either, actually, depending on how you read it, I suppose.
I'm not arguing the "evolution-isn't-scientific" point here...
AND
I'm not really debunking combining the 2 either really - although I _did_ do
that to a certain degree.
My point #1 - this is not a new thought, many have considered it, and while it
had its followers to a certain degree a few decades ago, it has largely been
abandoned today.

The scientific basis for that action, I'm keeping in another thread (my choice)
Anyone else can certainly do otherwise.

-Jon