 Off-Topic / Debate / 9352
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:55:15 GMT

Tim Culberson wrote:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c018.html  (sorry to keep
using and defending this source because you all hate it so much - but it
is the best online one that I know...if you're immediately plannng on
saying "that source isn't reliable - as you have said multiple other
times, then I can't help you.  I could have retyped the entire thing and
not given credit to the original author - A SCIENTIST BY MOST STANDARDS
I WOULD THINK: Dr. Don Batten, Ph.D)

I don't have a lot of time right now, so I'm not going to waste it refuting every
point on this site (and there are MANY that are ludicrous), but the following is
just too rich to pass up...

"Aquatic air-breathing mammals such as whales and dolphins would have
                                   been better placed than many fish to survive
the flood because of the turbidity
                                   of the water, changes in temperature, etc. The
fossil record testifies to the
                                   massive destruction of marine life, with marine
creatures accounting for 95
                                   percent of the fossil record.[3] Some, such as
trilobites and ichthyosaurs,
                                   probably became extinct at that time."

Ohhhhhh, OKKKK, dinosaurs lived at the same time as humans.

Hmmm, I don't remember any mention in the Bible about 20 ft lizards eating people
left and right, in fact, I don't remember any mention of them PERIOD.  People
would have been a nice snack for Trex, and a good meal for velociraptors.  Or was
"God with them" all the time (instead of just in the Ark), so they stayed out of
sight of humans and didn't eat them?

Do you REALLY think that if dinosaurs existed less than 6K years ago, people would
band together and make a conscious decision to NOT mention them in the Bible?

PAP!

2. What evidence would cause you to look for another explanation?

This question is rather meaningless.  Why look for evidence in the first
place?

Because the belief in a 6000 year old earth with all of the evidence today is so
insanely ridiculous?

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/