 Off-Topic / Debate / 8964
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:07:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

Science admidts to progressively understand things, and when new
evidence is presented it changes it's theory on that matter.  Supposed
disagreements are only due to a lack of data on science's part.  The Bible,
however, does not claim to re-interpret itself.  It's the "God is infinite"
point again - He doesn't need to since He was accurate in the first place.

  Here you've spelled out very nicely why science is not a religion, and
religion is not a science.  Thank you.

Unfortuantely, our nihilistic, relative society has convinced itself that
there is nothing sure, that all is relative.  That bias has blinded many to
the fact that there is a God who is sure and absolute, and whom we can trust
absolutely.

  Is that Odin?  Brahma?  Zoroaster?  Allah?  Yahweh?  Who?  And why? This
question has been asked countless times, and no one here (or anywhere,
really) has answered it. Once again, as in previous threads, you're throwing
around the "blind" insult in an apparent attempt to browbeat the heathen
into acceptance.

Not all knowledge is relatively, interpretively, progressively learned.

  Interesting. You're describing satori, the condition of understanding
as-a-whole, without acquiring of awareness step by step.  A very solid goal
of Zen Buddhism.

    Dave!