 Off-Topic / Debate / 8913
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:53:10 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:

Okay, since it's apparent that the overwhelming preponderance of scientific
evidence will never convince the diehard Creationists of the fact of
evolution, just as the utter non-existence of any pro-creation evidence will
not sway critical-thinking non-creationists into that fold, let's examine
another question.

Interesting proposition, and one I hold as a possibility. I am
definitely in the camp of "evolution happens" (though I accept we may
not have it quite right), but I also allow for the possibility that some
outside force ("god" if you wish to name it that) perhaps set up the
system as you posit. Another option is that "god" didn't set up the
system, but intervened in the system, giving certain evolutionary
branches a nudge.

Like Dave, I would be more impressed with a god who is essentially the
ultimate computer hacker, and programmed the system, and let it run to
see what the output was.

Who knows, we may just be a figment of the imagination of a huge
computer. I wonder what OS it runs? Could it be that one reason
Microsoft is so succeseful is that the OS running on the big computer is
Windows? Perhaps the real reason the dinosaurs died off is that
dinosaur.exe had a UAE.... Or maybe when the universe was upgraded to
Windows ME, dinosaur.exe was incompatible (perhaps it had been written
by Wordperfect or Lotus)...

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com