 Off-Topic / Debate / 9109
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 01:05:07 GMT

But I have to admit I'm baffled. Christians who defend literal creationism
as scientifically plausible (more probable than alternative explanations)
seem to be in a small minority. Members of splinter sects, even. Most
christians instead say that god, creation, and everything are fundamentally
unexplainable and that we should take things on faith.

(just picking a nit)

I disagree... in my experience most christians only hold that God is
fundamentally unexplainable.  Creation and everything are currently
unexplained, and may well be unexplainable, but that's not going to stop us
from trying. :)

James