 Off-Topic / Debate / 8987
Re: Why not Both?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 01:57:38 GMT

Tom Stangl wrote:

Who created the creator?

Here we come to what is seemingly an impossible thing to answer:
HOWEVER:
If you are already in a position where you say you believe the Bible the
answer is simple - the Bible clearly states that God always was, is, and
always will be (sorry, no verse reference right off hand).  Obviously as
humans we immediately stop and shake our heads because no human on earth
living today has any grasp of what a pan more than say 110 years (or
whatever) is like.  We also in our thinking pattern deduce that
everything - absolutely everything has to have a beginning and an end.
While this is essentially true, the Bible says that this is not true of
God.  God has always existed in infinity past and will always exist in
infinity future - we accept this much by faith.  That's right, no matter
what your position you have to accept some things by faith.

What you say?  You are an atheistic evolutionist who does not believe in
any "Higher-Order being" and therefore you do not have to have faith in
anything?  Where then, did you come from.  Modern evolution goes
something like: Highest order = man, before man=monkey, before monkey=a
whole bunch of crazy animal type things, before that = some sort of
worm, before that = some sort of tiny ocean-living thing, before that =
one celled ocean living things, (at this point their argument becomes
real shaky), before that = the exact right chemical combination to
create the one living cell, before that = the big bang that formed the
earth, before that = the energy and matter that the big bang came from,
before that --- oh, wait a minute, there IS no exlplanation as to where
the matter and energy came from.

Therefore no matter who you are if you logically think about it you MUST
believe in SOMETHING as having always existed.

For me the explanation that there is a Supreme Being-creator in the form
of the Biblical God that can in fact create something out of nothing is
very acceptable - much more so than millions and millions of perfect
randomnesses(is that a word?) that had to occur for Evolution to occur.

(see information on the big-bang theory [most widely accepted to my
knowledge] http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/big-bang.html)

(see information on the 2nd law of thermodynamics
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-thermodynamics.html)

--
-TiM
NB, CA