 Off-Topic / Debate / 23735
Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 01:03:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

Well, heck, those wacky Iraqis might vote for Islamic extremists - an
eventuality that the Guy {Not} Elected by "Yankees" did not even consider.

I think it is a bit offensive and even racist to believe that any human being
wouldn't want to be free if truly given the chance.

Must be tiring to spend so much time being offended.

Nevertheless, unthinkable as it may be, there are those that value among
their freedom oriented aspirations to be 'free of American influence'.  So
highly in fact, that they would be prepared to give up other freedoms or
benefits to attain it.

Those plucky New Zealanders gave up economic and defence benefits to
keep US nuclear powered and armed vessels out of their ports.

It is always a mistake to believe that everyone thinks like you.  Its a tragic
mistake to assume that they *ought* to think like you.

And as I saw you complain elsewhere:

But it is my choice to limit myself....

Why would you not grant the Iraqis the same choice to limit themselves in the
way they choose?  There's nothing particularly freedom loving about requiring
people to behave like the Jeep driving American public.

Let's face it, why should Bush support the will of the people?  If he did
he wouldn't be President. :-) :-(

I have to wonder: what is the record length of time for milking a {joke}?
Surely the teat is dry by {now}? :-)

Hell no.  I imagine it will go on flowing freely just as long as people look
at the unbelievable state of American foreign policy, and ask themselves how
they could possibly arrived here, how could their proud and worthy system
of government turn out such an acrid and unworthy result.

Richard
Still baldly going...