 Off-Topic / Debate / 23789
23788  |  23790
Subject:
I'll just let Hillary speak for me-- was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:13:29 GMT

From http://us.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/21/iraq.hillary/index.html

"
"But I think that in the case of the [Bush] administration, they really believed
it. They really thought they were right, but they didn't let enough sunlight
into their thinking process to really have the kind of debate that needs to take
place when a serious decision occurs like that."

She conceded that making such decisions is "very tough" for the occupant of the
Oval Office.

"That's one of the reasons why I think it's important to have a president who
asks a lot of questions, who is intellectually curious, who seeks out contrary
points of view, who doesn't just surround himself with people who see the world
the same way," she said.

"You have to have a decision-making process that pushes a lot of information up
and asks a lot of hard questions. You don't get that sense from this White
House."
"

Succinct and to the point.  "Because we're right", as Hillary puts it, doesn't
let the sunlight into their thinking processes.  Kinda like people entrrenched
into their own little worldview--lacking the ability to comprehend, yet alone
strive for an better understanding, of "the bigger picture".

Oh that Hillary.

Dave K
-who has always had sort of a thing for HRC--she's articulate, attractive, and
self assured... but I digress.