 Off-Topic / Debate / 23736
Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:16:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   Again?

That would require that we voted for him the first time.

As an aside, I loved this quote about your alleged president:

For years it has been my belief that the ideal US president for Middle East peace would be one who had the ethics of a Carter, the popularity of a Reagan and the strategic audacity of a Nixon. Alas, we have a president who has the ethics of a Nixon, the popularity of a Carter and the intellectual agility of a Reagan.

It also has a couple of other good quotes.

Sharon on Gaza: Sharon is not hiding his game. In a recent interview with the leading Israeli journalist Nahum Barnea, he said Israelis should see his plan of unilateral disengagement from the Gaza Strip not as a reward but as a punishment of the Palestinians. He announced that the Palestinians could operate neither a port nor an airport in Gaza, and that Israel intended to keep control of territorial water and airspace. Nor would they have control of the borders. He added that this would delay the discussion of a Palestinian state for many years. He forgot to mention was that Gaza, with its 1.3 million inhabitants, is only about 1% of historic Palestine.

Israeli Sabra and Shatila inquiry committee on Sharon: “unfit for public office”

Scott A