 Off-Topic / Debate / 23718
23717  |  23719
Subject:
arrogant and unrepentant (Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:58:35 GMT

   You deserve what you get.

I have never seen anyone shoot himself in the foot so much than in this press coverage...

“When we get this Iraq thing right...”

Yeah, we’re waiting on that one, Mr. President...

And the constant little laughs... this is no laughing matter, Dubya.

Moron.

Dave K

The press, at least, asked what I consider to be better questions. They seemed to be slightly apologetic or evasiv about the way they asked them--“There are those who say that.... How would you respond to those critics?”

I thought the whole tone was that of fawning sycophancy. A bunch of school kids would have been more probing.

Another perspective: Bush’s demeanor was arrogant and unrepentant. Asked on numerous occasions to name things he would have done differently or mistakes he felt he has made, he could not name one.... In order to save himself politically, he needs to convince Americans that the senseless and unwinnable war in Iraq is part of the global “war on terror” and therefore vitally important to the personal security of all Americans. This cannot be done with logical analysis, because there was never any evidence linking Iraq to the events of September 11, and all the evidence is that the Iraq war has increased terrorism.

Scott A