 Off-Topic / Debate / 23724
Re: If you Yankees vote for this guy again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:06:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   there’s no reason that the people of the world-at-large should have to endure him for another four years.

I agree. His belief that “terrorism” can be stopped by attacking the symptoms whilst stoking the cause is very dangerous… and mind-boggling.

What specifically do you propose Israel do to end Palestinian terror? What specific options are available?

Perhaps they could start by ending Israeli terror?

So you are suggesting that if Israel stopped any and all violence against the Palestinians, that specific action would then stop Palestinian terror? Naive and wrong.

   Then they could return to the ‘67 borders and compensate refugees.

Those borders were pretty much proposed already and were rejected. As an aside, would you favor the compensation of Israeli families whose loved ones were killed as the result of Palestinian homicide bombers?

   Despite what the Old Testament says, the West Bank does not belong to Israel.

  • I don’t recall the OT mentioning the “West Bank”.
  • The “West Bank” refers to Jordanian territory.
  • And if the OT did say the West Bank belonged to Israel, why do you necessaarily discount that out of hand?

   Although it would be an injustice to the Palestinians, I expect most Palestinians and Israeli’s would accept a return to the ’67 borders in return for peace… it is the extremists (5%) on both sides who are the problem.

Oh really, Scott? So you are saying that a minority of Palestinians are the problem? Well no duh, Einstein! And now you see the problem: even if Israel does whatever you suggest, there will still be Palestinian terrorists who will not stop terrorizing until Israel is no more! Don’t you get it? That’s it right there! That is my whole point! Israel is damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t. So why should she?

   Call me naive,

I’ll go one better-- you are naive and bigotted WRT this issue.

   It is about doing what is right. (You need to read this book, it will help you understand what is right!)

All of this “what is right” talk makes you sound like a conservative;-)

Well, I read the review on Amazon about the book. Without getting into it, I can say that if the book is as factually incorrect as this review, it is pointless to bother reading it.

JOHN