 Off-Topic / Debate / 23753
Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:25:44 GMT

<snip>

Wrong.  In this case WRT to the concepts of Freedom and Democracy, the world
{ought} to think like we do.  We got it right.  Sorry to upset your PC
sensibilities.

<snip>

[JOHN]

There it is--the inherent arrogance in the American system.  "We got it right!"

Yeah, low standards of education, addiction and seemingly perpetual addiction to
fossil fuels and the 'blind eye' to the ramifications thereof...

Understand that I have much respect for my southern neighbours--America has many
great attributes and wonderfulness.

But the flip-side is the inherent arrogance that I've personally seen--"we got
it right (so why aren't you doing what we do?)"

It's like that quotation from 'Blues Brothers"--"Oh we have both kinds of
music--country *and* western" as if there are no other kinds of music.

Well, there's thins thing called harmony.  The 'melting pot' mentality produces
monotony--"Prepare to be assimilated--Resistance is futile", whereas the
'multiculturalism' mentality of some other countries offers diversity and
harmony.  Sometimes, to be sure, there's cacophany, but that's part of life.

Eh, waxing poetically with many cliches is somehting I'm prone to do lately...

I stop now

Dave K