 Off-Topic / Debate / 23727
Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:22:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   I thought this was a great article. Two key sections of text:

“Two nights ago, this most dangerous man, George Bush, talked about “freedom in Iraq”. Not “democracy” in Iraq. No, “democracy” was no longer mentioned. “Democracy” was simply left out of the equation. Now it was just “freedom” - freedom from Saddam rather than freedom to have elections. And what is this “freedom” supposed to involve? One group of American-appointed Iraqis will cede power to another group of American-appointed Iraqis. That will be the “historic handover” of Iraqi “sovereignty”.

Well, heck, those wacky Iraqis might vote for Islamic extremists - an eventuality that the Guy Not Elected by “Yankees” did not even consider. Gotta save them from themselves, don’t you know. Let’s face it, why should Bush support the will of the people? If he did he wouldn’t be President. :-) :-(

-->Bruce<--