 Off-Topic / Debate / *25831 (-100)
  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Lee: LUGNET newsgroup theory is all about identifying subsets of interest within the community and creating focused discussion groups for those subsets, both LEGO-related and non-LEGO-related; it's about creating and nurturing individual areas (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oh ya, I forgot that you can say anything you want and it's assumed true until someone can prove otherwise... In that case, can I start ribald rumors about you? I bet I can come up with some that you can never truly refute. ~Kevoh (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I get it. You clearly didn't read what I said. You _might_ be right. There _might_ be people interested in such a hetero discussion group. But why would you assume a group is needed just because a homosexual group is asked for? Neither of you (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Bruce wrote: 'They want a place to post with people who are comfortable with what they are.' Bruce, if this is the main reason they want the group, it has nothing to do with Lego - Lego is incidental at best. The primary reason is for them to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Bruce, it is clear from your posts you don't understand what true homophobia is. It is irrational fear/hatred of homosexuals. You do corectly point out that it is not mere disagreements concerning homosexual behavior. But a heterosexual being (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I think I counted five last night, and you'd be a sixth. Welcome to the thread, BTW! --Todd (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Hi Cyndi, your post is probably one of the better reasoned ones I've read on this issue. Lots of 'hets' are not opposed to the idea because people are gay (it may be a factor for some, and some don't care at all), but because they are opposed (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) <SNIP> (...) I knew someone would have a problem if someone wanted equal treatment and said then we better have a heterosexual Lego user group. I wonder why Alfred has no qualms about asking the heterosexual person if their group is really (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) I think Anthony has hit the nail on the head here. If you open the gate to create a group whose primary focus is not Lego but homosexuality and therefore off-topic, you will have to allow (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Johannes, I think you stated yourself very well on these points. The issue that underlies this is that these people want you to know they are gay - they don't want you to assume the are not because they are offended at being assumed to be gay (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I always liked my mother's succinct summation of Reader's Digest: premasticated literature. But I must admit, the Groucho Marx Dilemma would be woise (Help, help, let me out of here! At least throw me a magazine). Locked in a bathroom for (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oh well, no worries :-) Shocking thought it may be, I *like* Readers Digest. Anything with words on a page can't be all bad, right? It could have been worse. It could have been the same cornflake package for all eternity. At least with RD I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Allow me to politely disagree with this view. I don't think they are seeking any sort of approval - they seem to just wish to avoid disapproval, which is not the same thing. Basically, they just want to post with people who are comfortable (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I won't swear to it, but I think that puts you in the Pit of People Condemned to read Reader's Digest for All Eternity. If it didn't have any sugar in addition to being decaffienated, you'd simply be an atheist. -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Hmmm. So what happens to people like me, who drink supermarket generic cola, non-caffienated, but with all the usual sugar? I'm just dying to know :-) Kevin (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I am in agreement with you as well. It doesn't matter as long as you love building with good old Lego! James, I can tell you why this is an issue with homosexuals. They want to tell other people they are gay because unless they are blatant (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX) !!

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) build.fantasy is a good idea. I would support it. I don't see why Teddy asking for a .people.lgbt is any less legitamate, thoa. Really, Lugnet grows in fits and spurts sometimes, so I guess if you asked before and it wasn't granted, you have a (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) (snip) (...) You might have to resort to Christian Science to prove that one ;) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Offensive as Jesse is, its actually kinda fun to have him around for comic relief, when he shows up. -Tim (certified Communist and Fascist, according to Jesse) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I was going to write what you just posted, Dave, but I didn't look hard enough to find the right line in the LUGNET terms of use. With that said, it's open threats like the one Jesse posted that would make me ban the poster immediately if I (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Actually, I find that such behaviour is an excellent example of ignorance... I was pretty irked by Jesse's post. (and I'm a Roman Catholic myself!) -Bryan (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Really, give me a break. People in favor of this idea have tossed around the term "homophobic" not in the clinical sense, but at anyone who hasn't embraced this idea as being wonderful, and you know it. I was pointing out the fact that those (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: “family-safe” ? (Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) No, you didn't get it. What I am saying is that YOU tolerate only those that believe the way you do, and anyone who does not agree with you you automatically place into the homophobic, hateful camp, whether they actually are homophobic or they (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Hi Anthony, actually yes, there is a clinical condition called heterophobia, that homosexuals can suffer from. It's easier to see this surfacing in lesbian circles, especially those that have obvious hate issues with men (male bashing, etc). (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I disagree. (...) Explain why the actual act has been forced to take place privately. Are you for allowing public displays of sexual acts? (...) Well, I think it's both their problems. (...) So what? (...) How do you know how I treat (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I apologize for being unclear (I have since clarified my statement twice elsewhere). I meant specific sexual activity. (...) Fair enough. And on that point I think we agree. JOHN (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Who's not being genuine? I've been begging for a .fantasy for YEARS. My dragons would fit better there than in .castle or .mecha. And I'd love to see a place where my catholic and conservative breathern could come together and discuss LEGO. (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I'm kinda with Bruce o nthis one--I mean there are those who eat oysters. Personally, I find for my dietary pleasures oysters ranking pretty much down there with mud--For myself, me eating oysters is repulsive. I have, on the other hand, been (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I'm disappointed by the amount of negative and sarcastic posts generated by this one simple request - a request to have a place to interact with others who have similar aptitudes and experiences. Obviously, as referenced in the initial post, (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I heartily dislike accusations like homophobe or racist at the mere hint of disagreement - it is a dishonest form of argument by attack and intimidation. I don't use the words cheaply, in part so that when I do say it carries more weight. You (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

In lugnet.people, Jesse Alan Long wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Are you completely out of your tree? Let's get into this then-- Where's Gandhi, Mohandas Karamchand right now? Heaven or Hell? He didn't believe that Jesus was 'the way, the truth (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) The administrators will look very unfavorably on any open persecution of anyone. You can be quite sure of that. (...) Precisely. (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) It also means homosexual in today's context. True it didn't always mean that, but regardless it's a common term nowadays to refer to homosexuals. (...) Well, you can't really sue LUGNET. They already reserved the right to discriminate for any (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Whether or not you think sex should be private is irrelevant. Sexuality has never been private, even if the act of sex has been forced to take place behind closed doors. (...) It may be embarrassing or offensive to the viewer and not the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I was speaking specifically about sex with the same sex-- you know, GAY. (...) Well, even hetero PDA can be offensive. Sex should be a private thing. When people make private things public it is at the least embarrassing and at the most (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Short answer yes. Long answer coming later tonight. --Todd (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) The thought of it? No, not really. The thought of participating in it? Yes. Actually watching it? I'd have to say yes, though I can't draw on personal experience here. (...) Language, like life, evolves. Deal with it. Nice used to not be such (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I think the most demonstrable harm that could come of this is open persecution in lieu of pretending that they don't exist. But if the LGBTs feel strongly enough about this that they're willing to risk that, I can't see why they should be (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I highly doubt it ties back to DNA. Various cultures have had strong homosexual tendancies throughout history, including ancient Greece/Rome. Also, if it is genetic, why would the self-titled "melting pot of the world" be one of the most (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

Todd & related admins: Could we (the community) get a "yes" or "no" on this topic? The thread is starting to throw debris all over the "legitimate" LEGO related posts. -Duane I'm off to adjust my skip filter.... (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Are you going to deny that the average heterosexual finds the thought of gay sex repulsive? I've heard the same sentiment from (non-bi) gay men about hetero-sex! And this has nothing to do with a pathologically diagnosed phobia, so give the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I was of course speaking specifically about sexual behaviors-- the only ones that truly distinguish a homosexual from a heterosexual. (...) Fair enough. I'd be against a .beastiality or .swingers group as well. JOHN (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Wrong, Diet Coke simply consigns you to Purgatory for a while until you are thin and can go back to The Real Thing. Drinking New Coke (or Pepsi in any guise) is what condemns you to Hell (though The Lowest Pit of Hell is reserved for the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) There's a guy in my office who exhibits all sorts of gay behavior all day long. He sits in his cube, and he's gay. He pours himself some coffee, and he's gay. He leaves the office at the end of the day, and he's gay. It's like he doesn't even (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I take that comment I made about "no homophobic remarks" earlier in the thread back. -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Um...not all of us. I am genuinely shocked. I didn't think you could say anything at this point that would actually surprise me, but you have, in my mind, found to a new low. Congratulations. I don't even know what to say. Chris (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) What behaviour are we talking about here? Being together? Flirting? Significant glances? Holding hands? Dancing? More specific acts of affection? None of those behaviours, except perhaps flirting, can happen in a virtual forum like this one. (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I'm not sure I agree-- I don't find it repulsive at all-- rather like, I dunno, say, Islam. I'm not Islamic and I'm not gay. Neither are my cup of tea, and I'm not about to start praying to Allah or jumping in bed with another guy, but I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:I473CK.1uzM@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) goes (...) Even if " their behavior is repulsive to heterosexuals", it would not show in a forum. I hardly think that you can pick what MOC is built by a (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) I enjoy browsing the Playmobil section in our local Playvalue store, thinking if only LEGO make good looking sets like them, and OTOH how much they are becoming Playmobil like with giant special pieces... Yes Playmobil have many good sets and (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Why be 'good' without god (was Re: Worthlessness)

(...) So, are you saying that you do "good" because it makes you feeel good? (...) Yes, it would be helpful to get a working definition of what "good" is so that we can all be on the same page. For me, doing "good" is doing what I believe God wants (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

Hello! (...) So why whould one (intentionally or not) _look_ at them? (...) There's no reason that I actually _think_ "this person is black" It's just how a person is, it's obvious, it's not a matter of must-think-about. I don't look at a random (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Case in point;-D JOHN (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Of course not. If you disagree with women, you get labelled mysoginistic or male-chauvanistic, not homophobic. That wouldn't make any sense at all. Anyways, there is evidence that suggests that those who are rabidly homophobic are actually (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Geobra Society

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Erik Olson wrote: (snip) (...) Eric, I will remind you that, in order to avoid brand dilution, please refer to Playmobil® in the singular form. Otherwise, we could soon be having kids entering the LEGO® aisle and (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Who are you to judge whether or not Anthony's requests were genuine or not? The only person who is qualified to be the judge of that is Antony himself, right? Yes, I'm being sarcastic. -Tim (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I snipped the rest of your stuff, but I just want to chime in with my agreement to your point of view. -Tim (whose opinion shouldn't imply anyone else's opinion by his affiliations) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) Dem dar fighting words, Tony!! Dave K (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) There is one really significant difference between Teddy's request and these ones you're making. His was genuine. Chris. (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) I wonder if this is a common theme. I'm not a Playmobil lover, but my wife is. But she can play with LEGO too. I do enjoy watching her and sometimes I like getting involved when she is playing. I wonder though, how my kids will grow up, seeing (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: “family-safe” ? (Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) If I get you, you're saying that people can only be considered "tolerant" when they are willing to endure any level of abuse from all comers. Is that right? By placing "tolerant" in a position that no human being can reach, you eliminate the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) Hear, hear! Imagine what could be done by bringing together Playmobil fans, brick fans, and the now-sanctioned dark-side brick modders? We all need a home. Hybrid Playmobil-Lego mods! "Ports" of Playmobil accessories to the Lego platform! (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: “family-safe” ? (Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) What does this term mean? (...) Just to be clear, cancelling posts without prior request by the author is exceedingly rare here (it has happened one time in the entire history of the site and that was to avoid legal action and was done when (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I get the feeling I'm going to regret it too, having to sit through the eighty or ninety posts of people telling you that everyone's allowed to their own opinion as long as it's not to think being gay is a sin. (...) Now I have no opinion one (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org) !!

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Would then an individual who wants a gay-only lugnet discussion forum, because they feel uncomfortable talking about lego with non gay individuals, be called "heterophobic?" It's just a question, and shouldn't be taken as a statement being (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Why be 'good' without god (was Re: Worthlessness)

(...) Damn straight. I like this. It more or less reflects me too. Based on my own meagre experience of life, I have found that there are some people I like and others I do not, some actions I like and others I do not, and some things I like to be (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

I KNOW I should duck out of this now, but I just can't resist not posting something. I'm going to regret it, I know. So... I am a Heterosexual Conservative Catholic. Do I think being gay is a sin? Yes. Do I have gay friends? Yes. Do I preach to gay (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org) !!

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I just love this abuse of the term "homophobic" to anyone who disagrees with whatever homosexuals propose to do (and Alfred, this does not mean I am saying you a homosexual because I don't know and don't care). No other group exists - (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: “family-safe” ? (Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) If intolerance is supposed to be a criteria for cancelling posts, most of the homosexualists' posts would also have to be pulled off as well. It's rather hypocritical to be tolerant (read 'approving') of only those people who are tolerant of (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I let this roll around in my head for a day before posting a reply to this. There are a few things I have to post about this and I hope to get them out. 1. I have to say this is the first time in my life I have heard anyone try and tie sexual (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org) !

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) (znip) LOL Jojo, Du bist zu freche! :-) JOHN (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Geobra Society

Hello! Being a Playmobil-lover I always felt somewhat to be the odd one out at AFOL meetings. For many years Playmobil has been one of my most important inspirations for building with LEGO. There are so many things in the Playmobil universe that (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX) !!

  Re: “family-safe” ? (Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) 1999? Five years ago?? You have got to be kidding. Looks like you dug pretty deep for this one, Scott. Why does it seem you're able to so readily present examples such as this against the likes of John, Lar, [insert person you clash with (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) LOL! Good choice of group Keith. .underground is the only place outside o-t-debate I've ever had a slightly homophobic response to a post.... hmmm.... where was it... (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I was at Brickfest and none of those questions ever went through my mind. Maybe you and I go to Brickfest for different reasons. jt (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) LOL!!! Gotta love that reasoning!!! ROSCO (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Here's an answer for you: I "do good," as you put it, because I have spent time thinking about life, the universe, and my role in it and have decided based on my own observations that mean people suck. I don't believe in any god, but I do (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Learn to curse correctly! Mega Bloks. No "c", two words. -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Lots of people have said they are gay here on lugnet - doesn't seem to be a big deal. Of course, I suppose I'm used to my old home town of Long Beach, California, which had a greater density of gays than San Francisco (or did - don't keep up (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Actually, I think the actual quotation is: Megablok off, you Megabloking Megablok. JOHN (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

"Tim Courtney" <lego@SPAMCAKE.timcourtney.net> wrote in message news:I45JqD.1DI1@lugnet.com... (...) Um, should that be Megablock you, you Megablocking Megablockhead? (ooh, that rolls off the toungue real nice...:-) Frank (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) All you Bionicling Galidors can go Jackstone yourselves. Dave! (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Thanks Bruce, I visit LUGNet to see what the latest and greatest is in the Lego Block Building World. I've seen MOCs of religious, sexual and Holocaust themes. Do I come here to discuss religion, sex or genocide? No. I come here for the MOCs - (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Megablock you, you Megablocking Megablock. -Tim (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Like Heston in POTA-- "YOU MANIACS. YOU BLEW IT UP. MEGABLOCK YOU. MEGABLOCK YOU ALL TO MEGABLOCK. That's what you get when you let an athiest in here... ;) Dave K (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Hey, who let an atheist into OT.Debate?!? Dave! (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Nicely put Bruce. Let me put it this way. I go to Brickfest and I see 280 lego enthusist. Who's gay and who's not. Hey is that chick straight or a lesbian? Hey, that guy over there kinda looks gay but I'm sure the hell not going to go over and (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Rob, I know that you are trying to point out that it would be absurd to have a bunch of groups like that, however I do believe that any group that chooses to self identify and is genuinely interested in community building should be allowed to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Let me ask you this: If tomorrow you found out for 100% certain that God didn't exist, would you still do good things? Or would you breathe a sigh of releif and start raping babies? I think we do good because we want to. Now, you may think (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Kinda reminds me of a ST:TNG ep.. :) Not that that particular ep. hasn't been mentioned here before... Dave K (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Keith, you old smoothie. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) Not my original analogy, so I'm restricted to revising it using the terms provided. You were the one who introduced the idea of Zero Worth/Empty Glass. (...) An empty glass cannot, by definition, be full of poison. The point I was trying to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) As far as I can tell, the Samaritan is conventionally credited as a man, but the earliest version I can remember hearing as a wee tot in Sunday School (yes, with feltboard images and everything) was a woman (which is probably why I always (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I've only followed this thread loosely, but I don't recall a single homophobic response. I don't have a single problem with gays, but I don't see the need for a gay Lego sub-division any more than any other sub-division you wish to define (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) So instead of a half empty glass, you see it as completely empty? To be filled with either holy water or poison. I say you're wrong. The glass is already half full and the beverage is tasty. (...) What? I thought we were talking about the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Because you won't be satisfied? John, you and I do good for the same reasons. Our genes tell us to. They tell us to because by telling us, they enabled us to build a society that protects us against the predators. Mutual beneficence is (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Wow, lots of controversy here, Teddy! I think this thread has really brought out the homophobic in many AFOLs. I mean, what are people talking about when they say they just want this site to be safe for kids? Aren't we a bunch of AFOLs? (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Hey, thanks for clearing all that up. Don merely asked whether they were believers or not, but all that extra background is great stuff. I also learned something else interesting. You think the Samaritan was a woman... the King James version (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) It's also not that far from positive worth. Most Christians see it from that perspective, which is why there are so many Christian missionaries around the world. Most of the Christians who don't see it from that perspective are either just (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) If I contribute to a charitable cause, I do it because I have judged the charitable cause to merit my contribution and because I have determined that I am able to contribute. Honestly, that's as much introspection as I give the matter. (...) I (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact