 Off-Topic / Debate / 25827
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 04:06:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   I take that comment I made about “no homophobic remarks” earlier in the thread back.

Are you going to deny that the average heterosexual finds the thought of gay sex repulsive? I’ve heard the same sentiment from (non-bi) gay men about hetero-sex! And this has nothing to do with a pathologically diagnosed phobia, so give the epithet “homophobe” a rest.

JOHN

I heartily dislike accusations like homophobe or racist at the mere hint of disagreement - it is a dishonest form of argument by attack and intimidation. I don’t use the words cheaply, in part so that when I do say it carries more weight.

You have given a different emphasize to you statement above than you did originally: you originally said that heteros find gay’s behaviour repulsive. I’m not interested in sexual activity with men - if you want to call that “repulsed”, so be it. But that is not the same thing as finding what they do between themselves as repulsive.

-->Bruce<--

Bruce, it is clear from your posts you don’t understand what true homophobia is. It is irrational fear/hatred of homosexuals. You do corectly point out that it is not mere disagreements concerning homosexual behavior. But a heterosexual being repulsed at the thought of homosexual acts, or at the acts homosexuals engage in does not automatically mean that person hates homosexuals or is afraid/fearful of them. You’re assuming that one means the other, when it just is not correct.

Lee