 Off-Topic / Debate / 25737
Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:24:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
   Look, if you assign zero worth to something, it’s not all that far from negative worth. That’s the leap of faith the terrorists made. Don’t go there.

   It’s also not that far from positive worth. Most Christians see it from that perspective, which is why there are so many Christian missionaries around the world.

So instead of a half empty glass, you see it as completely empty? To be filled with either holy water or poison. I say you’re wrong. The glass is already half full and the beverage is tasty.

   I think the primary difference here is whether you approach it from the idea that, “My life is not worth me living without my god,” or from the idea that, “Your life is not worth you living without my god,” that determines whether you will make an effort to improve the lives of others or snuff them out like a candle in the darkness.

What? I thought we were talking about the value of folks with no god. You left that part out.

Enjoy life,

Don