 Off-Topic / Debate / 25738
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:55:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Edward Welsh wrote:
I've been kicking an idea around for a while, and I wanted to put it out to the
community:  I'd like to start an organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and
transgendered (LGBT) AFOLs.  A lavender brick society, if you like.  >
-Teddy

Wow, lots of controversy here, Teddy!  I think this thread has really brought
out the homophobic in many AFOLs.

I've only followed this thread loosely, but I don't recall a single homophobic
response.  I don't have a single problem with gays, but I don't see the need for
a gay Lego sub-division any more than any other sub-division you wish to define
based on non-Lego related activities, and that's pretty much the response that
others have made.  Everything else gets thrown into off-topic, where there have
been discussion about gays before, and will no doubt happen again.  If it is
on-topic (i,e, about Lego) then if you want to build a ranch-house with two
women and only one bedroom in the layout, that would still go into Town, and if
you wanted to do the same with two men in a 11th century keep, that would go in
Castle.

-->Bruce<--