 Off-Topic / Debate / 25701
Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 04:32:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:

  [snip]

Excuse the paraphrase, but did you just say something like,

  "Life without Allah is worthless."

On Septermber 11th?  Wow.

Are you suggesting that having drawn spiritual support on 9-11-2001, as millions
of Christians did [1], from a God who is coincidentally shared with two other
major religions essentially means they supported the terrorist attacks?  Wow,
yourself.

[1] Technically, this comment is equally valid to members of the Jewish faith
[2], but John has made it quite clear that he is a Christian, so his comment
regarding "God" can be safely assumed to refer to God in the Christian
tradition.

[2] Not that I'm suggesting that merely being Muslim automatically infers
support of such actions, any more than being Christian automatically infers
support of the Ku Klux Klan.