 Off-Topic / Debate / 25801
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:04:51 GMT

In lugnet.people, Jesse Alan Long wrote:

<snip>

other human beings.  As for allowing such a group on here, I would have to
object to such a thing on numerous fronts.  If anyone wants to consider me a
hatemonger for standing up to my faith in God Almighty, then they will also have
to meet Him one day just as these people will for what they have done in life.
It does not matter what your faith is because God trumps all other false
religions and, as it was said in the past, "I am the way, the truth, and the
life, and that no person can come to the Father but through the way that was
made by me."

<snip>

Jesse Long

Are you completely out of your tree?  Let's get into this then--

Where's Gandhi, Mohandas Karamchand right now?  Heaven or Hell?

He didn't believe that Jesus was 'the way, the truth and the life'.  Not one
iota.  Yet I will bet everything I own against everything you won that he's
sitting at the right hand of God Almighty for, in his life he demonstrated God's
love and compassion more than almost any Christian/Jew/Athiest I have ever met.

Furthermore, you, with your little diatribe, just condemned, *condemned* every
Orthodox Jewish person since the birth of Jesus.  The orthodox Jews don't
believe that the messiah has shown up yet, and, as far as the Bible--y'know,
that little book you're quoting and hitting everyone else on the head with,
states *many times over* that the Jews are *God's chosen people*.  And yet here
you are, condemning them.

This is why I have a problem with Church proper.  This is why I resigned from
organized religion.  This type of 'over-the-top' 'My Almighty God Washed Me In
Blood And I'm Saved And Therefore Everyone Else Must Follow Him!!' brainwashing
is the epitome of arrogance.

As the general Islamic population should be rising up and protesting against
'radical Islamists', I am now rising up and protesting against 'radical Bible
thumping Christians'.

Dave K