 Off-Topic / Debate / 25795
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:42:09 GMT

   Are you going to deny that the average heterosexual finds the thought of gay sex repulsive?

The thought of it? No, not really. The thought of participating in it? Yes. Actually watching it? I’d have to say yes, though I can’t draw on personal experience here.

   And this has nothing to do with a pathologically diagnosed phobia, so give the epithet “homophobe” a rest.

Language, like life, evolves. Deal with it. Nice used to not be such a nice thing to say about a guy, but now it is. Besides, just because a fear is reinforced by the dominant local culture doesn’t make it rational.