 Off-Topic / Debate / 25759
Re: “family-safe” ? (Re: Lavender Brick Society)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:38:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:
   Now there’s a topic worthy of off-topic.debate!

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Kollross wrote:

   Parents should feel comforatable letting their kids view and post to LUGNET without fear of encoumtering topics they may feel are inappropriate for their childs age.

I agree! Parents should feel comfortable, knowing that no topics contained herein will harm their children. It is a very serious shame that many parents are so confused aout right and wrong and health and harm that they might consider the exposure to homosexuals “inappropriate for their” children.

Don’t try and turn this into a homophobic issue. Topics WRT to sex are inappropriate for a family-safe site like LUGNET (save off-topic.debate)

John, I have mixed views on this but I’m pretty sure Ed is a nice guy who would not want to offend anyone and he would make sure all his posts fell within the ToS. So before we talk about what is “family-safe”, why not cancel your posts which contain xenophobia, intolerance, inferred-profanity and actual-profanity?

Scott A

1999? Five years ago?? You have got to be kidding.

Looks like you dug pretty deep for this one, Scott. Why does it seem you’re able to so readily present examples such as this against the likes of John, Lar, [insert person you clash with here]? Almost as if you deliberately index these sorts of examples for convenient times like this.

Always ready with the dagger, eh?

-Tim