 Administrative / Suggestions / 971
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:53:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Anthony Sava wrote:

I've been begging for a .fantasy for YEARS.  My dragons would fit better there
than in .castle or .mecha.

build.fantasy is a good idea.  I would support it.  I don't see why Teddy asking
for a .people.lgbt is any less legitamate, thoa.  Really, Lugnet grows in fits
and spurts sometimes, so I guess if you asked before and it wasn't granted, you
have a right to conplain.  But hey, get a bunch of people together and demand
build.fantasy.  Volunteer to be the curator.

And I'd love to see a place where my catholic and conservative breathern could
come together and discuss LEGO.

Just as fair as any other request.  I don't agree that catholic and conservative
should be lumped together thoa.  I am _very_ catholic and _very_ liberal.  These
also belong in the .people hierarchy, I would believe, but again, get some real
support behind it.  I guess I wouldn't object to either, but I won't be a rally
for ya.  Nor does anyone expect you to be a rally for people.lgbt, either.  In
fact, the way this community thing should work is for the people who want the
group to show enough people are interested.  I don't know that Teddy has done
that, yet, but c'mon, it was the first time it was even suggested and the man
gets jumped on?

And Coke Classic drinkers really do freak me out.  All that sugar and TWO
servings per can?  Ick.

Yup.  Freaks.  Can't argue there.  During the whole fiasco back in the 80's we
lived next to a Coke truck driver.  Thank goodness for that!  We had original
coke stores that lasted nearly the whole time.

And if a gay forum is made, then there better be a heterosexual forum created as
well.  If not, I will be screaming discrimination till my face turns blue
(regardless of where it gets me).

Are you really serious?  Do you seriously feel a need for this one?  I think its
being petty, if you ask me, but if your serious, and would seriously use it,
then it merits discussion.  Get the support and petition the admins.  If you
don't get it because you didn't asked, thoa, it really isn't discrimination.  I
mean, this isn't particle physics where there some conservation of energy
prinicple that says whereever a gay forum exists an specifically non-gay forum
must appear.

--Anthony

-Alfred