 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2560
Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 19:24:41 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
Well, as a fan who would enjoy having an easier time of obtaining certain
elements I hope that the last part is true.  Of course, we have this
discussion all the time -- and if we are not having it at some point, we
cycle back to it eventually.

I note that this time around the person losing patience with TLC's • inability
to get it's act together is Rose Regner.  I take it that she didn't get • any
garage doors and is reasonably miffed. And it is reasonable -- have no
doubts on that count.

I am not sure how I got into this thread, but I was a little miffed that I
have 1) repeatedly voiced my desire for garage door parts (the only parts
that I have ever asked for), so hearing that others are able to obtain them
is rather heartbreaking to me and 2) I ordered some and had them sent to
Germany and I am quite certain that I will not receive them, which is the
basis for my "miffing attitude". (I have yet to get an email stating the
status of my order that was placed one week ago). IMHO the garage doors set
is THE BEST part set that Lego has ever made.

There are numerous other examples for what I am about to express, but here
are my favorite two contradictory facts about the way TLC does business:

1. The "Ult Lego Book" pg. 20 notes, "Eleven LEGO Pirates sets were • launched
in 1989, with ships and forts; it became the most successful product line • yet."

2. We all know that the Pirate line has been discontinued.

Is TLC allergic to making money or something?  Why would they discontinue
their "most successful product line yet"?  If anyone figures this part • out,
we will then have the secret of TLC's recent lack of success...

Lego has their reason for what they do and they are of little or no concern
of mine. I just hope that they find making the garage door parts set a
viable business decision