 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2432
Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 21:07:22 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:
I guess I still don't get it. I'm trying to think of an example of how LEGO
letting us know about something would hurt you.

I can think of some examples.  E.g. number of sale of the Y-Wing+Tie set would
be reduced if we know ahead that a cheaper mini-fig set will include Darth
Vader.  The same applies for the C3PO in Millenium Falcon and Droid Escape.
LEGO sets are in direct competition of each other, and TLC knows the value of
unique figures and pieces.