 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2556
Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 07:47:12 GMT

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego.direct, Harvey Henkelman writes:

LEGO® must remember that the customer is always right, period. -Harvey

I disagree. It's not an unequivocal truth, although it has to be a • guiding
principle. There ARE exceptions.

++Lar

I agree with Larry.  The customer is not always right.  I have seen this
dozens of times with our customers.  What customers do have the right to • do
is spend their money how ever they see fit.

A customer can choose not to buy a product or service and the vendor (in
this case LEGO) has to deal with the ramifications.  If one customer does
this it has virtually zero effect on LEGO.  If enough customers do it then
they will (hopefully) react correctly.  If they fail to react they will • lose
their customers.  It costs a ton of money to win a customer back, much • more
than keeping one happy.  My $0.02, YMMV.

Perhaps the original point would be better stated as
"the market is always right"
i.e. if majority of your customers see it that way, it is probably right.

Our main problem is does AFOL = the market, or a significant enough
percentage that Lego would consider our wishes 'right'?
Evidence so far - we are gradually winning them over.

regards
lawrence

regards
lawrence