 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2472
Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 16:32:19 GMT

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message

The bottom line is LEGO Direct is doing some incredibly cool things AFOLS
wouldn't have even dreamt of just two years ago.

What?
You mean like I wouldnt have dreamt of e-commerce?
Or they they would sell bulk bricks, which I could have done 40 years ago?
Or that they might sell trains, which I have always been able to do?
Or find some old accessory packs that I could have bought 2 years ago
without any fuss?
Or that Lego has all but disappeared from UK stores and now I have to buy it
at high price (without any competition) from LD, and pay shipping too?
Or that they would sell certain sets only via LD forcing me to pay shipping?

What is incredibly cool about that?

Nothing wrong with LD, but incredibly cool? Give us a break.

regards
lawrence