 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2477
Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 16:55:16 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message

   That's just the point.  LEGO *is* satisfying its customers,
   on the whole.

How can a company that is losing money be satisfying its customers?

Here's one way... give the stuff away for free. Instant money loser, very
happy customers. (did I hear an internet bubble popping in the background?)

Or were you asking a serious question? There are thousands of ways to
satisfy customers and yet not make money. The trick is to satisfy customers
AND make money doing it.

I think LD is the best hope of satisfying the customers we most care about
(us) and still make money for TLC as a whole. Are they there yet? No. Are
they trying hard? YES!!!!

Feedback is good and helps, so people that say "stop beating a dead horse"
can safely be ignored, as long as it is "constructive" beating. :-)

I may be under NDA for a few not very important things (except to
trainheads) but I am not an apologist.

++Lar