 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1774 (-100)
  Re: Direct Sales Venom

"John Kelly" <jkelly69@skypoint.com> wrote in message news:G86t1J.26y@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) and (...) Except they used to do bulk bricks via the retail channel (i.e. brick packs, etc) If they didnt do they direct, where would I now buy (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Agreed. (...) Evidently, they changed their minds... -Shiri (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) I feel very strongly that: Effectiveness is not the same as Quality. Popularity does not equal Elegance. Appreciating a fine wine for example, takes much experience and taste development. I thought The LEGO Company believed that "Only the Best (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

Well said! My LEGO Retailer friends tell me these same things all the time. Their customers are very frustrated. -Suz (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) I am a mom, sons 4 (almost 5) and 1. My son has had no interest in Jr. sets past the age of three. He likes my town sets, from the early 90's and 80's because of the detail, like garage doors. I talk to my (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) Larry and Todd were specifically referring to the Lego.com *website* in those messages though. From the kids I used to do "Technic class" with, they really loved the Lego website and visited it *a lot*. Between (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

LEGO would be making a huge mistake if they assumed that the things we want are different than what kids want. I hear just about every day from a very reliable source that parents and kids hate juniorized sets. They want sets with more pieces. They (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) I'm surprised to hear that, but if it's true, then it's good news, and it would make things a lot clearer. So, what then *is* the target market for lego.com, and how were things like satisfaction measured? (...) And usability testing, of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Some of your opinions anger me Larry. I hate to say this but you also criticize other people. Maybe you should take a look at the "venome" in you. And not act like everyone is so feeble in the field of trians. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) It was the *first* *train* summit. (...) I can't talk about future products, about demographics or web usage or sales figures, or about costs/numbers/successes for various marketing, sales or production activities, for example. There are other (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Urp, good point In this one... sDscn1209.jpg (URL) from the left Larry Pieniazek – poly-LTC Peter Andersen - LD product manager Jorn Kristian Thomsen - Lead Lego trains designer from Billund James Mathis - PNLTC Jake McKee - Senior producer (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.people)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Great stuff! Are there plans to have such meeting again someday? It's great to hear that Lego is _really_ in touch with their community! I guess the NDA covers future products, or does it also cover other things? Please tell us for a rough (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Thanks :^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: lego software

in article G87I4K.1t3@lugnet.com, Tim Courtney at tim@zacktron.com wrote on 2/3/2001 6:21 PM: (...) GOT to be a joke...although a pretty elaborate one. If it isn't a joke, then one of LEGO's contract programmers is in for big trouble for doing this, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Ahh, in other words: "Splunge." :-) (...) a total blast! Glad to hear it was fun and productive!! --Todd [followups to .trains] (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) That kind of information would be covered under the NDA so I can't specifically comment. (...) After, last nite back at the hotel, and most all day during the meeting. Train MOCs have a way of taking up the entire table, which is not prudent. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

I'd like to make a suggestion on the use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego. Of late there has been much "debate" about whether TLC is doing "the right thing" or not, or somewhere in between. While some very legitimate concerns are getting (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Awesome! I hope all of those who have been whining will think about what happened here, and think about Larry's comments over the past few months about how whining is not the best way to go about things, and consider that this meeting probably (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) My apologies everyone, I totally underestimated the power of the (LEGO)Force. I'm very glad that Trains have a bright future, this has been my lesson in faith. -Harvey (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More Venom Anyone? ( Was Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? ))

You know, I've stayed out of this debate for a long time now, though, I can't stand this anymore.. Granted, I've bought some (all) Throwbots, they were interesting when they first came out... a couple Roboriders, (got as b-day presents). Though I'm (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Exxx...xxxcellent. (...) So you know then? (...) MOCs at din? --Todd (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Yes. (...) Yes I can decisively say that. I think I did already, actually. (...) That kind of information would be covered under the NDA so I can't specifically comment. (...) After dinner the lot of us fested till pretty late, so at 2 AM when (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) I am happy to hear trains will be around. I would like to know why the female part of this group was left out. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.:((((( Rose (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Awesome! (...) Ohohoo, when you say "the future of the product line," I assume you are referring to trains? If so, that sounds very encouraging! Can you say whether rumors of the train product line's demise are greatly exaggerated? Will be any (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: lego software

"eric shumacher" <reckling@concentric.net> wrote in message news:G875Kn.1Ew@lugnet.com... (...) Is this some sort of elaborate prank? I apologize for my skepticism but I don't recognize your name in connection with LEGO, and I haven't found it (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> Forgot to crosspost to .direct ++Lar (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Ok I have a question about the CD's

Rose, Thanks for the attention! I have emailed some people to find out the answer to this. I will let you know as soon as I get a solid answer. Thanks! jake (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Ok I have a question about the CD's

I have posted a about Ebay sellers selling cd's with the Lego instructions. Does Lego really care? Ebay will not do anything about them. Is there a "watchdog" that we should email when we find something like this? Rose (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  "Lego's online dream" -- feature article in UK Guardian Unlimited newspaper

(...) Chloe's article appeared Thursday. Here's a link to the online version: (URL) in the article: Douglas Coupland, Microserfs, Microsoft, Xbox, Harry Potter, LEGOLAND theme parks, Danielle Hainauer, Star Wars, Steven Spielberg, INmotion, Johnson (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: More Venom Anyone? ( Was Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? ))

(...) I think that's a really important point! Hard to say how much money the Bioknuckles would make compared to bulk element sales if they'd actually gotten that going by now, but it seems like TLC is taking the seductive and risky marketing road (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: More Venom Anyone? ( Was Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? ))

(...) Wow. Have I been whinning in my posts here? I hope not. I actually thought I had something constructive to say...now I'm beginning to think twice. I will however, admit that I've been rude, certainly less than nice. I will not, however (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Let's be realistc (WasRe:MoreVenomAnyone? (WasRe:Givethemabreak (was:Hey,like,isanyonethere?)))

(...) I have wondered about this also. (...) So you worry about negative posts here damaging a good relationship with TLC? Please don't. The LEGO Company does have to listen due to the fact that their bulk sales will get a real shot in the arm from (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: More Venom Anyone? ( Was Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? ))

(...) Yeah, actually. I think you might find it called "We actually want to have a good relationship with a major company that really doesn't HAVE to listen to us or give input, but does anyway, albeit in a slow and strange manner." (...) Yes. You (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Direct Sales Venom

I probably shouldn’t be answering a troll post, but I post infrequency enough anyway. I find it hard to believe I’m siding with Larry again. Having worked for Lego in what seems like a long ago life, I can understand your frustrations about the time (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Quality Downfall

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:G86DAE.3uH@lugnet.com... (...) Spewing venom will not get anyone anywhere. The only thing it will serve to do is create emnity between the two groups here - the AFOLs and LEGO Direct, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  More Venom Anyone? ( Was Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? ))

(...) Is there some unknown reason why any of the rest of us should adopt this ***-kissing attitude towards TLC? Some of you are just the most appalling TLC apologists... ...pucker up, Lar! I am personally impressed to see Todd show some real (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Quality Downfall

(...) For starters, the whole thing was too short and WAY too polite. C'mon, spew some venom, Man! I am of two minds on the issue of whether I care or not. On the one hand, TLC continues to make pathetically stupid choices about their product line (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Yup. Lar's post was good too. We do need to lighten up here on LUGNET. From what I know LEGO is working hard to keep communicating with us. There's frustration on both sides, we need to work on communicating and being positive and constructive (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

Tomas Clark wrote: Snipped post by lego direct. (...) This is exactly the sort of post we want. Just a regular update as to whats happening at lego. (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? )

(...) I think this post by Tomas Clark: (URL) that and I think you're going to see more effort to set the right expectations with us so we don't expect more than can be delivered. I met Tomas Clark today, and he was happy, but very very tired, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Tom, I don't think this is a lousy idea--in fact I we have suggested it to Brad as one possibility. (Brad, by the way, does still work at LEGO Direct, Todd.) As David Eaton said in the next thread-branch over ((URL) we need to figure out what (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Why don't you just ask, "When is S@H going to get beyond Visa/MasterCard?" Oh, wait; that question *was* asked this week. Steve "I'd've bought a buncha stuff this week, but I only have Discover" Bliss (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) I don't blame you. I didn't want to say too much because obviously LD is gonna do what they want, and since I don't know inside details I couldn't recommend exactly how it should work. But one thing I might not have said directly, but should (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Formal Letter to TLC?

(...) Wow, the above was written last August. The more things change, the more they stay the same...? (I wonder if Brad still works at LEGO???) --Todd (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? )

(...) Well, I don't really think the point is that we're dissappointed in their responsiveness. Actually, as I said before, it's been more than I'd hoped for. The problem is simply that they said they'd be more active than they have been, and (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? )

(...) Look, guys & gals, let's cut them some slack. Lego is a large and historically conservative company which thought it was producing toys for children and is still reeling from the discovery that it is actually producing toys for 30-something (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) OK, I understand it may take a while. But that was on Tuesday, now it is late Friday. You need to at least answer a few questions, or post some sort of update. Perhaps Lego.Direct needs to hire someone to respond to Lugnet posts 24 hours a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Yes! I was going to suggest some sort of a problem tracking system, but wasn't really keen on suggesting a big huge development effort, hadn't done the homework to see if there is a freeware tracking system out there somewhere, and hadn't (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Instructions on CD for sale again

I found another one. (URL) wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Instructions on CD for sale again

(URL) is a link to one of two listings for someone selling Lego instructions on Ebay. Rose (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Perhaps this is a lousy idea, but what about a monthly or bi-monthly update which would be posted in lugnet.lego.direct by LD? It wouldn't have to be prosey. It could be strictly utilitarian. It could address chosen concerns with short (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Some New Town Windows (like Minitalia) would be nice!

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gary Istok writes: [snip] (...) I couldn't agree more. The things I could do with an infinite supply of 1x1 windows... even just in modeling my home town: in yellow: recreate the 398 USS Constelation/Constitution in white: (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Some New Town Windows (like Minitalia) would be nice!

(...) I would like to Me-Too this one. I have been adding extensively to my Main Street scene and have found my lack of variety/color of windows somewhat limiting. I think one of the biggest areas of opportunity for LEGO Direct is in Window's and (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company enters the world of music

Although I can't say much about the musical LEGO idea (other than that I like the general idea), I thought I should make one clarification: (...) Yes, Universal Music is going to be producing music based on Bionicle. That was the gist of the press (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Some New Town Windows (like Minitalia) would be nice!

(...) I second the opinion that this windows are something LEGO Direct should look into possibly offering in the future- they add variety to building possibilities, and the fact that they were only offered in a small series of sets adds some amount (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Some New Town Windows (like Minitalia) would be nice!

Dear Lego Direct, Here is a reprint of a thread (from LUGNET.GENERAL) on Minitalia, the LEGO sub-brand from Italy in the 1970's (and 1980's?). LEGO made some neat Minitalia windows (only sold in Italy) that would be great in the North American (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) (URL) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Globe trees, flowers, and leaves?

To Whom It May Concern: Now that we have two sizes of spruce trees -- is there any chance that we can get cypress trees, globe trees, flowers of all colors, the 14 stud leaf elements, the smaller leaves of 6 studs, bamboo elements, the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  shop.lego.com search box URL bug report

This isn't a particularly heinous bug, but it's possible that it may actually cause problems in certain situations...older browsers and proxies that encode stuff and things like that... The bug: If I go to (URL) and pick my country, and then in the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  S@H suggestion

When I log in at Shop At Home, I always have to select my country. I think it would be helpful if that info were stored in my login file, so I don't have to click "USA" every time I visit the site. Thanks, ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) I guess I have an issue with members who would do this. Whether one agrees or disagrees, one should not harass that way. ++Lar (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there?

(...) I'm using Netscape Communicator 4.7 with a not-terribly fast dial-up modem (I rarely get more than 26400 bps with my phone line) on a 300 MHz PC and shop.lego.com is now working just fine for me. (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Shop-at-home for Australia

Dear Lego Direct Representative(s) Our requests for info on the likely launch window for the Shop At Home service in Australia (and New Zealand, while we're at it) seems to have got lost in the noise once again. I'll make it a bit easier, please (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) The last time I posted a message about the lego group's responses, people replied back to me with foul language (lugnet members, not the lego group). But I'll try placing my two cents worth again anyhow. I think Mark's post is pretty accurate. (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Then I have some very good news for ya! :-) There's actually a way to subscribe to any lugnet newsgroup via e-mail -- that is, to have the messages delivered straight to your e-mail inbox moments after they're posted. Here's how to do it for (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there?

Todd Lehman wrote (about the Lego Direct web site): (...) You're lucky compared to me. I can't get past the USA flag; I get a "javascript error". My Netscape is not *that* old, it is version 4.75 on Solaris. I agree - how hard is it to do this basic (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) OK, I appreciate this response. (...) This is helpful to know as well. That way we don't expect to know immediately and we know you're working on it. (...) It is? How much time would it take for one person at LEGO Direct to scan only the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) With all due respect, when you're working in a consumer-facing environment, it's not how you feel that matters- it's the impression the customer is getting. While I know that one cranky customer demanding out-of-scale things is not something (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) I'm glad Todd wrote this (and not myself). I strain to keep my cool. His post shows only the tip of an iceberg I see ahead. Before I grind away my teeth, I'll draft a private letter. Meanwhile, I want it clear -- to both LEGO Direct and (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) All, I have read through Todd's post this morning and there are alot of questions to answer. Some I have answers to, some I am waiting on answers, and some I don't know, but will look into it. I am extremely busy today, so I can tell you in (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) In the spirit of Eric Joslin's post I will Me too this as well. I also agree with everything Todd and Dave said. I love the possibility and limited reallity of Bulk Ordering but the lack of promised interaction is disappointing. I agree that a (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) I really dislike posting simply to agree, but I agree with Dave very strongly and I have a feeling that this is one of those times when a single post will not get the point across, being dismissed as "one guy". LEGO Direct has been formed and (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) And just to throw in my $.02 on the issue, I have to agree with Todd. I personally don't think that LD has really fulfilled what it claimed it was trying to take on. Does that mean I don't appreciate the efforts made to date? Not in the least. (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO website bug report: Invalid forward apostrophe character

(...) Looks like someone there is on the ball and fixed it! Yay!!! --Todd (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G7yLrL.E4B@lugnet.com... (...) Great post, Todd. Now that the Holiday season is done and gone, I'm really hoping that things start percolating with Lego Direct, the S@H web site and the bulk (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there?

(...) Nope, it's not just Netscape -- it's broken on MSIE 5.5 as well. So, like, I hate to be totally rude and curt, but I don't know how to get the point across -- isn't there someone at LD whose job it is to schedule usability testing and make (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there?

(...) (with all respect) I should hope that the team involved at LD would already have been in an absolute panic to correct that horrendous situation. -Suz (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there?

(...) You're kidding, right? (Well, I don't mean to be snide. If it works better for you now, that's great!) I'm on a Sun Ultra 5 here at lunch on a T3 and when I go to (URL) the page still takes 6 seconds (that's a lot on a T3) to load because of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there?

(...) ... (...) ... (...) Hey, let's be fair here. Those horrendous slow menus have changed and shop.lego.com is actually now useable. I think this proves that someone is listening (though I agree it would be nice to have a bit more feedback). (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

I have to say I agree with Todd 100%. I think its important that LEGO Direct follow through on what it has promised and maintain an open dialogue here in these groups. At the same time, people need to be a lot slower to anger about this. There's a (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

Hey, is anyone at LEGO Direct gonna step up to the place and field these Mac questions? I don't wanna sound rude, but the message below was posted more than 2 weeks ago...still no reply from anyone at LEGO Direct. I prolly wouldn't even notice, (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: A call for a Current Promotions page on LEGO.com

(...) Who would like to maintain this section? If you're a member, I can put you on the ACL[1] for the Promo area: (URL) there (assuming you're responsible :-) you can edit the content on the left bar and make subpages as needed. Jacob Sparre (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: shop.lego.com broken?

(...) Me too. For a few weeks now. Is this part of the strategic alliance with Microsoft? Don't let the web site work with Netscape? Probably not, it is more likely just incompetence in the QA department. /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...

(...) Absolutely not. I merely quoted his message from its beginning to the point I was interested in. sorry it wasn't clear. I'll try again: (...) ^^^...^^^ (?) -Suz (?) = confusion (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: shop.lego.com broken?

(...) I've had this problem from IE at work, and Netscape at home - it appears to be related to either cookies or to the browsers history file. Try clearing out your history, and deleting your cookies. Warning: this could screw up other websites you (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: shop.lego.com broken?

"lawrence wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:G7rwxt.EsF@lugnet.com... (...) select. (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I am only able to get past the country gateway with Internet Explorer. If I use Netscape it stays on the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: shop.lego.com broken?

I have the same problem if I use Internet Explorer. If I use Netscape Navigator on the same machine it works fine. I suspect I have a bad cookie or something similar that IE is tripping up on. I'm running Windows 2000 so you'll have to adjust the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: shop.lego.com broken?

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:G7ruLq.931@lugnet.com... (...) Thats because you should be working instead of shopping :-) It works OK for me. Perhaps it was a very short glitch. regards lawrence (browsing instead of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  shop.lego.com broken?

I can't get past the country selecting gateway, whatever country I select. Huw (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Mosaic Light Grey not Light Enough

(...) Yes, I totaly agree with you. Another 5-10% lighter will do. But before they change the formulation of light grey I have to order more of the *old*-light grey to get 4-shades of grey :) I also hope that LEGO direct will bring grey plates in (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Brick Quality Issues (was: 7171 tolerance)

Several 1x1 plates from my mosiac kit had excess plastic around the base of the plate from the molding process. -chris (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Mosaic Light Grey not Light Enough

I just completed my first Lego Mosaic yesterday, and I am in love with the product. My ONE and ONLY complaint is that the new light grey is not light enough. From the sample print out given on the Brick-O-Lizer, you'd think that the light grey would (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...

(...) I think Suzanne's intent was probably to indicate that we were still waiting for the post that Brad was "putting together...as we speak". eric (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...

(...) Are you questioning that Jake is an AFOL? Or that he might know something about the deal? Search for posts he's written. He appears to be an AFOL (as much as Todd appears to be someone who runs awesome parts auctions), and appears to have been (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...

(...) [snip] (?) -Suz (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Quality Issues (was: 7171 tolerance)

(...) I agree 100%. I've noticed more smearing on paint recently, mostly on Star Wars minifigs. I've gotten at least two minifigs who's faces look like they're in a wind tunnel. As for the decreased quality of the plastic, I know that the newer (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Brick Quality Issues (was: 7171 tolerance)

Quick note: I thought this was important enough to warrant its own thread. (...) I have had similar problems with a fair number of my newer pieces as well: they are too far apart, too loose, etc. I've also had a much larger than normal amount of new (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 7171 tolerance (was: Not at all a pact with the devil... (values of TLC))

(...) IKEA does mail order. Or did. Sort of The problem is that it's sort of a do it yourself process. We got our first Ivar this way, from the Philadelphia store, 7 years ago now. We did it by calling and asking if we could order, there was no (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: 7171 tolerance (was: Not at all a pact with the devil... (values of TLC))

William Brumbach wrote in message ... (...) IVAR rules! Larry P and I both use it too (I've been buying it for 20 years, since it was called UFFE). Kevin ---...--- Victorian House: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego models: (URL) store: (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact