 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1702
Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:21:50 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, David Eaton writes:

And in that respect, I'd probably like LD to be realistic, not political. I
mean, sure, it'd be great to promise us that you'd comment on every post and
try and contribute every week, or even every month-- or just give us notices
when major (or even minor!) things happen. But if that promise isn't
fulfilled, it's worse than having never made the promise to begin with--
even if you ARE committing to PART of that promise.

I really dislike posting simply to agree, but I agree with Dave very strongly
and I have a feeling that this is one of those times when a single post will
not get the point across, being dismissed as "one guy".

LEGO Direct has been formed and while I also love some of the great things that
have been done, the promises that Brad made that have not been fulfilled leave
an overpowering bad taste in my mouth.

I've dealt with online reps from many companies before.  I would in no way
expect a level of interaction and so on, except that Brad Justus- the VP in
charge- posted that there was going to be one.  And then it simply never
materialised.  And when I see people posting something directed at LD, I can't
help but feel like they're talking to a brick wall, except that it's a brick
wall that once promised it would talk back.

To make those promises and not live up to them- or even simply retract them- is
far, far worse than to never have made them at all.

eric