 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1833
Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:06:22 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
[...]
10. Brown Bricks
The point here was that someone should respond even if all they could say
was "We are working on it". I somewhat disagree. As of late, the number • of
rumors flying based on that exact statement have been overwhelming. Look • at
the Train Summit post from Larry P. yesterday. There is no correct answer
unless we are sharing the actual details of the question.

I believe the suggestion was that, when someone posts a friendly question
about, for example, brown bricks...

  http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=1512

...that if there was some reason LD knew the answer but couldn't say, it
would be nice to dignify the question with some answer (rather than • ignoring
it, intentionally or unintentionally), even if that answer is simply to say
that LD couldn't say.  (Key difference here being saying you can't say vs.
saying you're working on it.)

I know that I found it frustrating that LD was not responding at ALL to any
questions posted here or even fulfilling their own commitments for providing
information.

I was the person that commented on the new instructions paper, I was not
looking for any response to my post. I do hope they continue to use this
paper. Maybe this post didn't belong here.

I WAS looking for a response when I posted about the Lego instructions (on
CD) being sold on Ebay. As well as an answer to trains being alive, which
now has been answered.

I don't think that we always need a lengthy answer, but if a rumor (like the
demise of trains) is circulating, I think asking for clarification of this
rumor is reasonably, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I really appreciate LD's input and I hope it continues.

Rose