 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1594
1593  |  1595
Subject:
When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:28:54 GMT

I would like to purchase a LEGO Mosaic product using my iMac DV computer
running Netscape Communicator on MacOS 9.0.4.  However, when I get a few
steps in, I come to a page

   http://shop.lego.com/Mosaic/MosaicNotOnMac_s.asp?LangID=2057&ShipTo=US

containing a blunt message:  "The LEGO Brick-o-Lizer is not available for
use on Macintosh browsers at this time."

Why is this still the case two months after the product's introduction, and
when will the LEGO Brick-o-Lizer be available for use on Macintosh browsers?

It would be reassuring if LEGO added some text to that page to let its
Macintosh customers know that LEGO is working on Macintosh support for the
LEGO Brick-o-Lizer, hopefully with an estimated timeframe.

To ignore the Macintosh market for shrink-wrapped software products is one
thing, but to ignore it for a web-based software product is something much
worse.  It sends a very dark message to your Macintosh customers and makes
LEGO look extremely unprofessional.

The World Wide Web is all about freedom of choice of OS and browser.  Since
Java programs run on any platform, including the Macintosh, it shouldn't be
too difficult for LEGO to correct this unfortunate situation.

Thank you, and I eagerly await Mac support for LEGO Mosaic.

--Todd Lehman