 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1703
Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:37:48 GMT

What I'd like to see is a realistic presentation of what to expect from LD,
if only to say that they'll mostl likely just listen, and mayhaps throw in a
comment now and again. And maybe now that LD has had some experience it will
know what it really CAN accomplish more realistically. And hey, if LD really
CAN and WANTS to create an interactive forum on Lugnet, that's great. All
the better. But if LD simply can't do it, or it's honestly not worth their
time, then they shouldn't go about saying that they will.

In the spirit of Eric Joslin's post I will Me too this as well.  I also agree
with everything Todd and Dave said.  I love the possibility and limited
reallity of Bulk Ordering but the lack of promised interaction is disappointing.

I agree that a simple post with what we can realistically expect from LD would
be appretiated.  If what we can expect is extremely limited then say so and let
that be that.  It will be a disapointment but at least then we will know what
to expect.  LD doesn't have to pander to us but if they want to then they
shouldn't make promises they can't keep.

I think that posts about compatiability with the MAC OS are very legit and
should be addressed ASAP.  I also think all software should be released with
MAC versions included.  Linux is a little different but seeing many of your
Mindstorms fans work on Linux I think it is at least looking into.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/