 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1830
1829  |  1831
Subject:
Mac Mosaic (Was: Re: Hey, like, is anyone there?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 04:36:41 GMT

Jake McKee <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote:

Also, just to recap Tomas from as few days ago, the reason that there is no
support for Mosaic on the Mac is due to the very very poor Java Virtual
Machine (JVM) that the MacOS uses. There are so many problems with it, that
it caused major problems in the initial coding. That is all I know at this
point, more to come.

After reading the above paragraph, I have the following questions:

What level of Java is Mosaic written in (1 or 2)?

Is Mosaic coded entirely in Java, or Java + "extras"?

What version of MRJ (MacOS JVM) was Mosaic tested with?
(Apple recently recently released MRJ 2.2.4 (MRJ 2.2.X = Sun JDK 1.1.8
(Java 1), Java 2 is coming with MacOS X.)

Erik

P.S. Thanks for keeping us informed. :)
--
Erik L. Knopp