 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1707
Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:48:51 GMT

Jake McKee at jacob.mckee@america.lego.com wrote:

I have read through Todd's post this morning and there are alot of questions
to answer. Some I have answers to, some I am waiting on answers, and some I
don't know, but will look into it.

OK, I appreciate this response.

I am extremely busy today, so I can tell you in advance, that it will take a
little while to answer all of them.

This is helpful to know as well. That way we don't expect to know
immediately and we know you're working on it.

However, in the meantime, please let me say that we are keeping up with your
needs and apologize if our reaction times aren't immediate. It is often time
consuming to sift through hundreds of posts in order to get to the meat of
certain issues.

It is? How much time would it take for one person at LEGO Direct to scan
only the lugnet.lego.direct newsgroup? 15 minutes once a day? There aren't
hundreds of posts to this particular newsgroup every day. It gets busy
sometimes, usually after someone stirs up discussion,  but many of those
posts are "me toos" and can easily be scanned and skipped.

Or do you mean that someone reads all posts to LUGNet all the time?

I really don't feel that we have ever stopped responding to
the posts, rather have missed some of the posts due to the large amount of
posts or are currently working on getting answer or solutions for you.

You don't? How do you explain the long list of posts that have no responses?
Not so much as a "we're working on it" or "it's fixed."

If someone is working on getting responses, it shouldn't take but a moment
to post a quick note saying that someone is working on it, or that a problem
has been fixed.

I know that any response I have to this issue will generate a large amount
of discussion, and as such, I want to make sure that I respond appropriately
to all concerns brought forth. As such, please bear with me if it takes a
little time to address these questions, comments, praises and concerns.

Jake, is it possible that someone suggested that LEGO Direct monitor LUGNet
without truly recognizing the amount of time it would take? I work in a
corporation as well, and sometimes I get requests from managers who honestly
don't know and underestimate how long it takes to do a task.

Could it be that it was promised that someone would keep in touch without
truly understanding the scope of the promise?

I'm sorry to sound doubtful, but you must consider the evidence at hand.
newsgroup, or is it something someone is expected to do in their free time?

If it's the latter, then I can certainly understand the time constraint
issue.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego Creations