 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1729
Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 22:41:01 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Andrew Lipson writes:
[snip]
Yes, we'd like more responsiveness. Yes, we'd like more information. But
TLH just isn't geared up to this yet. I have little doubt that they
are working on it (that's why we have this newsgroup).

Well, I don't really think the point is that we're dissappointed in their
responsiveness. Actually, as I said before, it's been more than I'd hoped
for. The problem is simply that they said they'd be more active than they
have been, and they're not living up to what they said they'd do.

If they instead said something like "We'll try and keep you informed as best
as possible (perhaps 1nce a month or every 2 months or something), and
meanwhile try and listen to all your requests", then I'd have no quarrel. In
fact, I'd be overjoyed. The issue isn't necessarily that we're not getting
everything we want, but that we're not getting what we feel we were promised.

And on that note, I'd really like to see this re-adressed by Lego Direct. I
mean, I don't really blame them for biting off more than they could chew--
we all make mistakes. But now that they've had some experience and know
their limitations, and know what to expect from Lugnet in general, maybe
they can reconstruct the basic premise for how they'd like communications to
work between our two groups. Something they see as realistic and one they
can follow through with.

If they're worried about us demanding more, then tough noogies on us. We'll
just have to suffer, the way just about ALL customers suffer-- because
almost ALL of us ALWAYS want something that we can't necessarily get. I
won't hold TLC up to my own standards, but I will hold them up to their own.

DaveE