 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1705
Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:44:46 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:
Hey, is anyone at LEGO Direct gonna step up to the place and field these
Mac questions?  I don't wanna sound rude, but the message below was posted
more than 2 weeks ago...still no reply from anyone at LEGO Direct.

I prolly wouldn't even notice, except that LEGO Direct has proclaimed that
it wishes to open a dialogue with us, the consumers, and has promised that
LEGO is listening and "will endeavor to be very responsive to [our] needs
and desires":

  http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=11596

I guess I have misunderstood the promise set forth in that missive?  After
making that original post, Brad Justus followed through many times to answer
stuff and relate directly to us, the consumers, just as he'd promised -- and
he proved it weren't no malarkey.  That set us up back then to kinda expect
a reply here and there to questions and stuff.

Do you think we could start again to get some responsive answers to our
needs and desires?  I don't think it's really out of place for us to ask,
since this was promised in no uncertain terms by none other than Brad Justus
Senior Vice President of LEGO Direct himself. [snip]

I'm glad Todd wrote this (and not myself). I strain to keep my cool. His post
shows only the tip of an iceberg I see ahead. Before I grind away my teeth, I'll
draft a private letter.

Meanwhile, I want it clear -- to both LEGO Direct and everyone else -- that my
distress stems not from anger with LD or disappointment in some unsatisfied
wishlist. I have in fact been glad to see good things happening thus far.

Rather, my stress is seriously about concern for the feelings (and ultimately
the very enthusiasm) of people here who, I'm afraid, aren't entirely aware of
LD's priorities, actions, and intentions (not of lies, just lacks of truth). To
put it bluntly, I fear that LD's failure to be "up front" will do actual
harm. Particularly to those fans who trust by default. Of course I would love to
be proved wrong.

I don't mean to sound threatening, but have no doubt -- my eyes are planted on
the second-hand of my watch today.

I will not see this newsgroup become another "Dear-LEGO" posting area. We had
one of those already.

-Suz