 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1706
Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:20:49 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:

I really don't feel that we have ever stopped responding to
the posts,

With all due respect, when you're working in a consumer-facing environment,
it's not how you feel that matters- it's the impression the customer is
getting.

While I know that one cranky customer demanding out-of-scale things is not
something even the most customer-oriented groups worry about satisfying, I
don't think that's what we're looking at.  I realise that the Lugnet community
is not even close to being the largest part of the consumers that LEGO Direct
is servicing- but the fact that Mr Justus made a point of coming here and
courting the Lugnet community.  In the course of doing so he set certain
expectations that judging by the reaction of the community aren't being met.

As others have said, this is even worse than if he had never set those
expectations to begin with.

I imagine that interfacing with Lugnet is probably a small part of your job,
and the time you are able to put into it is limited by the other projects you
have ongoing as well.  That's perfectly understandable, and I sincerely hope
you don't see this as an attack or judgement on the job you are doing.

On the other hand, the job that LEGO Direct is doing in meeting the
expectations it went out of the way to set is not so good.

But, it does make me feel good even to see a post saying "I'm looking into it,
I'll get back to you".  That's a great step!  That's the kind of thing we want!
Now, just be sure to actually get back to us about it, even if it's to say
"Sorry, I couldn't find anything out about that".

eric