 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1743
Re: More Venom Anyone? ( Was Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? ))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 17:51:45 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Greg Majewski writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:
Is there some unknown reason why any of the rest of us should adopt this
***-kissing attitude towards TLC?

Yeah, actually. I think you might find it called "We actually want to have a
good relationship with a major company that really doesn't HAVE to listen to
us or give input, but does anyway, albeit in a slow and strange manner."

Proof that the only way to get a response is to whine

Yes. You whine, I respond to you in an annoyed manner.

I still think Lego Direct and bulk orders have been insanely slow in coming
to full fruition, despite the headway that has been made already.

Maybe they're slow because they are the number three toy maker in the world
and actually have an international business to run? I don't really know for
sure..

Even if I do think Lego has made some hideous errors in with their consumer
communications and products, give them a break. You don't have to buy crap
they put out. They're not forcing you to like Creator or Bionicle. But
hey... maybe SOME people do. And if I had SOME people liking a product I
made, I would sell it. I would rather make a small profit by selling poor
sets than no profit by selling no sets at all.

     Wow.  Have I been whinning in my posts here?  I hope not.  I actually
thought I had something constructive to say...now I'm beginning to think
twice.  I will however, admit that I've been rude, certainly less than nice.
I will not, however apologize for posting my thoughts concerning consumers
vs. company.  As hard as they may work at Lego, I believe that they should
work harder in areas dealing directly with customers.
     Anyhow, thanks for the update LD.  I'll try to be nicer when griping.

~Kirby~