 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1682
1681  |  1683
Subject:
Mosaic Light Grey not Light Enough
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:19:21 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I just completed my first Lego Mosaic yesterday, and I am in love with the
product. My ONE and ONLY complaint is that the new light grey is not light
enough. From the sample print out given on the Brick-O-Lizer, you'd think that
the light grey would be about a 25% grey. The medium grey is already a little
light to be considered a true 50% grey (it's more like 45%), but it's been
around forever, and I don't expect Lego to change it. But the problem is
exacerbated by the fact that this new light grey is more of a 35-40% grey.

So when viewed side by side, there is only about a 5-10% difference between the
light grey and medium grey. As a result, these areas tend to mud-up quite a
bit when viewed in the completed Mosaic.

So, I urge Lego to reconsider the formulation of this light grey, or replace it
entirely with a new lighter grey that is closer to a 25% grey rather than the
35-40% it seems to be now.

Has anyone else been a bit dissatisfied with this issue?

- Sean