 Instructions / *661 (-100)
  Little Spatula Bot

The Count has built a Little Bot! (URL) by You!>> (URL) Count Spatula 2004 (URL) Build-a-Bot by Eric Sophie e (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  BIPv3 - BrickFest Roundtable Notes

For anyone who is interested, I've posted the notes from the BrickFest BIPv3 at: (URL) are some great ideas there, and a hearty thanks to those who attended. I'm very interested in hearing your feedback on the items I posted, or if I left anything (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Instructions for Sphnix

(...) Stefan Vorst has made a large Sphinx (URL) there are no instructions. A Lego set from 1998 (set 5978) included a small Sphinx: (URL) will try to help you with this. -Erik (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.inst, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Instructions for Sphnix

(...) Including the .inst group on this note. Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - Building Instructions Portal (URL) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.inst)

  BIP Blog - Change of focus

As many of you know, I've been running a (URL) on the (URL) Building Instructions Portal > site for some time now. Intially, the focus on the blog was just anything LEGO related. Over the years, I get many questions about what happens inside the (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  (canceled)

  Re: BIP v.3 Roundtable - Thanks!

(...) Snippage (...) Jake, great to finally meet you there. I didn't get a chance to attend, as I had many many people to see before I had to run off to work. As I plan on getting my work up there (I'm sitting in front of MLCAD right now, working on (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BIP v.3 Roundtable - Thanks!

Just now starting to recover a bit from BrickFest... wow! What an event! A quick thanks to all the folks who came to the BIP v.3 Roundtable. Not only did I get a ton of great ideas, I also have had my enthusiasm for the site re-ignited! I'll be (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Instructions for all my 40 MINI Models now available!

(...) Great models! I've been watching your collection grow and am totally impressed. It's hard to pick a favorite. I've added .inst to this announcement, and I would love to see links to these added to the Building Instructions Portal! ((URL)) (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: LEGO.com updates BI database

(...) Hi Jake, please add the date/time on this page showing us when it was updated. Thanks, Saso (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Anyone have instructions for set #309 (Church)?

(...) Allen Your welcome. I do not speak german ether. I did do an ldraw on my own just for fun and found something interesting. The one on the web page is what i followed and then looked at the piece count. Compared it to Peerons list and the one I (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Anyone have instructions for set #309 (Church)?

(...) Thomas, Thanks for the link. It's nice to see the work that went into that page. He seems to have nicely put together the overall feel of the set in a very modern presentation. I wonder what the original set designers would have thought of the (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Anyone have instructions for set #309 (Church)?

(...) Gary, the Ultimate LEGO Book indicates it was 1958 that bricks with tubes first appeared. I had always been under the impression that was the generally accepted date, based on when the patent was sought for the tube mechanism. Is it correct (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Anyone have instructions for set #309 (Church)?

(...) This set was produced from 1957 (when classic Lego windows first came out) until about 1963. The set had one tree, one of the 1950's style flat Pine trees with a flat bottom. One interesting thing is the named beam (sign). On the box it shows (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Anyone have instructions for set #309 (Church)?

(...) Hay Allen I did a search on google and found thus site. May be what you are looking for. (URL) down to bottom and find link to instructions they did, plus some history on the set. Cheers Thomas Eipp (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Anyone have instructions for set #309 (Church)?

I was looking for something on Peeron today and quite by accident stumbled upon this set: (URL) there are no instructions linked from Brickshelf. The design of the building struck me as interesting, especially when I saw the piece count for the 1x2 (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.inst)

  Little Tan Bot

The latest (URL) Little Bot version> by (URL) Tim Caffery>. (URL) It's Tan! What a surprise it was to see this in person. Tim built a Little Bot in Tan by following the (URL) building instructions. Some of the parts have recently become available in (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: BIP RSS Feed and Blog Update

(...) Oops, sorry about that. Two unrelated, but similar issues have been resolved. Everything should be fine now. Thanks for the heads up. Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: BIP RSS Feed and Blog Update

(...) These don't work for me when I load them into a RSS client. I get a list of entries, but I just get the homepage no matter what entry I click on. --Bill (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: BIP RSS Feed and Blog Update

(...) Forgot to update that when I installed. Fixed now. Thanks for the heads up! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: BIP RSS Feed and Blog Update

(...) LOL! Love the creator! ROSCO (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  BIP RSS Feed and Blog Update

All, Inspired by (URL) Dan's post> from earlier today about the new LUGNET RSS feed, I created a Building Instructions Portal Latest Updates feed. (URL) And while I'm on the subject of updates, I've recently implemented (URL) BlogFusion> on the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Floating Head Sportscar

(...) It belongs to Mr.Tim S Deering himself, and I've sent him a message. If he isn't a little wussy-canadian boy, then he'll do it. I mean, it takes like three seconds and you'd have to be the laziest person in the entire universe to not do it. (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Floating Head Sportscar

(...) That'd be Tim Deering (or possibly his alter ego, Dr. Terrible? Who knows?) -Chris (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Floating Head Sportscar

(...) Man, this is so cool. The floating heads are fun, but building instructions in comic form...LOVE IT! Who's comic is this? If you'll add to the BIP ((URL) feature it ASAP! Jake -- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.inst)

  BIP Updates

After a long hiatus in doing anything new with the Building Instructions Portal, I'm coming back! In the coming months, I'm going to be putting quite a bit of effort into re-writing the site's code, and adding new functionality. So in preparation (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: Mecha under construction: Make-a-Mecha 5-6-7-8

Construction pics of the (URL): Current Status (URL) The Chest features a laser pointed at a Crystal Ball peice. Eye Lights by John Barnes. Bread Board Laser Brick Mod by <http//:www.abs-robotics.com/ Rob Limbaugh> (3 URLs) #5 Make a Chest (URL) #6 (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.inst, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Mecha under construction: Make-a-Mecha 1-2-3-4

If you guys hurry up you can build along with me. Make-a-Mecha Here are the first four steps. Feel free to follow these outlines or what ever suits you. First thing to do to make a Mech is to build a head. Here is the head of a new Mecha I am (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  4100 Maximum Wheels Alternate Model Instructions

I've posted some instructions I made for my son to be able to make one of the alternate models from the 4100 instruction manual up on brickshelf. It's a sports car from the picture on page 61 of the instructions. (URL) links: (URL) file: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Instructions for tall CCC Wall

Good stuff. I've always thought the standard wall was too low. :) "Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hx7H63.E0r@lugnet.com... (...) that we (...) calls (...) whipped (...) (URL) work with> the regular CCC walls but are a (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LEGO.com updates BI database

(...) link. I think it is great that the comapny shares these instructions with us! Well done. -Alfred (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Instructions for tall CCC Wall

Peter Guenther and some other MichLUG members got to talking and decided that we needed some castle walls for our medieval villages. However, the standard calls for walls that are only 8 bricks tall and this was just too short. Peter whipped up some (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.inst, lugnet.org.us.michlug, FTX) !!

  LEGO.com updates BI database

If you are interested, LEGO.com has updated their Building Instruction database and functionality. To see the updates, check out: (URL) McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general) !

  Smart cars

Un message en français suit - A french message follows A few months ago Pierre-Yves builds a little car freely inspired by the "smart" car from DaimlerChrysler/Mercedes. He had no CAD skills so I made for him the building instructions : (URL) MLCAD (...) (20 years ago, 1-May-04, to lugnet.inst)

  catalog scan

Back in 2001 the LEGO Shop-at-Home catalog showed "instructions" for building a schoolhouse with bulk packs. I can't find my 2001 catalogs. Can someone who has one please scan that page for me? Russell (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.inst, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ben's BR24 instructions

(...) Very nice work Ben! Can't wait to see it on the BIP! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.inst)

  Re: A&M LWork's Sea Breeze Hotel

(...) Opps... need to fix that. =0 (...) On brickshelf you will ONLY find the .MPD and .SWF (FLASH) files. There are no images just yet of the hotel. (...) Yup from the distance I do get that feeling. Perhaps I should of used tan brick? If you look (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: A&M LWork's Sea Breeze Hotel

(...) Unfortunately the thumb on that page goes to (URL) is quite a nice picture, but not a hotel :-) Couldn't find the hotel by a *quick* browse at brickshelf. Link? Looking at the .mpd, I'd say it looks mostly like a prison refurnished into a (...) (20 years ago, 24-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  A&M LWork's Sea Breeze Hotel

This project has been on the backburner for over 2 years now! I've finally managed to complete my 1st "playable doll-house like building!" Check it out here: (URL) -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  A&M LWorks Presents MAFIA; City of Lost Heave - Bolt Pickup

The MAFIA: City of Lost Heaven project continues to grow. A&M LWorks is proud to present the 1st vehicle in Andrzej Szlaga’s Mafia The City of Lost Heaven Vehicles Set II Building Instructions! (URL) Get the BIs from here: (URL) -AHui A&M LWorks (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end

(...) I laughed outloud when I read that! A "BIPPY"!! (...) No way, don't thank me! Thanks to all the BIP contributors! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end

(...) Holy shmokes! I was on my way out the door today to head off to work, when I decided to take a quick check of my favorite websites before leaving. I opened up LUGNET, saw this post at the head of the "Top Stories" section on the main page, and (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end

(...) I just could not get the words out of my mouth. She litteraly had to grab me by the arms, shake me and told me to "calm down what is wrong", she thougth something was burning in the kitchen! -Ahui (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HwJsAy.1FLz@lugnet.com... (...) WOW! I (...) "I WOW"? ;-) [ j o n ] (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end

(...) WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! I cannot believe this. I read this post and had to re-read and then re-read it again! I still cannot believe it. Words fail me right now. You guys and girls should have seen me running around (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end

(...) Congrats to you Jason for winning the People's Choice. Now that you have a bit more free time, you should be able to out do this and the Odyssey.:-) Jude (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  BIP Contest II comes to an end

Well, after several months, and with 850 Building Instructions added to the BIP, the (URL) Contest II: Contest Reloaded> has come to an end. You can check out the winning entries at the (URL) (as well as the fat prizes the winners have coming soon), (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

(...) Thanks to everyone who responded. It's interesting to know what other people think about these things and I appreciate the advice. Thanks again, Paul (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

Hiya Paul (...) Unfortunately you're right, getting all the parts for a specific model off Bricklink is a lot of work and you end up with multiple orders and multiple shipping costs. The minimum order thing is getting worse as sellers raise their (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

(...) ~~ snip ~~ I think it is fair to say that everyone that builds with Lego, regardless of age, ends up wanting and needing more and different parts than they have available. As you have found out, this is especially true when you set out to (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

(...) This is a problem that will always come up. I've made instructions for some of my models and posted them on my site. Having been playing with LEGO since age 2 I've by now collected quite a bit of parts, some old and rare. When making MOC's I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

(...) For every builder AFOL like yourself there would have to be a designer AFOL! I'm a designer and builder. I buy sets for the parts that are in them, assessing yield in terms of whether some parts are required in the near future and whether all (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

I like to build from instructions, too. Either instructions of released sets, ideabooks published by Lego or 'third party' instructions. If I don't have specific parts in particular color, I try to build the model using a different colorscheme. (I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

(...) I see what you mean. When I looked through Jake’s book I was disappointed in what it didn’t contain as well as the really expensive parts that were found in some of the models. Granted the models look awesome but I would honestly explore other (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

I'd love to hear people's advice on getting the specific parts you need to build a specific MOC. I'd also like to know if anyone else is a "Builder AFOL" like me? Getting Parts: I know Bricklink is the short answer but I feel like I just don't get (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub Question

(...) Ok, I'm giving that a try. Thanks for the help. (I actually bought a copy of (URL) Virtual Lego> from Tim this weekend, so that had some helpful info as well.) I'll post back when I get it figured out. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: LPub Question

(...) Lets make sure we're clear here. For part list images and BOM, you do not have control over orthographic. LPub forces it, and it works with Part Images Minimum Camera Distance. I'll test drive Assembly Images+orthographic+min camera distance. (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Is BIP down?

Subject says it all (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub Question

(...) Are you trying to render them with an orthographic camera? I had the same problem when I tried that and no wrangling with the minimum camera distance helped. When I set the camera angle at ten (which effectively looks orthographic) the minimum (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: LPub Question

(...) OK, my laptop is back together and I have enough battery to give more concrete information. In the "Building Instructions"->"Steps" tab, there is a "Minimum Camera Distance". This one can effect the scale of construction images. It cannot the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: LPub Question

(...) The issue you are grappling with has to do with scale..... Since you give me no information to work with I have to guess. I'd guess that your model is very large, so L3P places the camera very far back to make sure that all of the model is (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  LPub Question

Why is it then when I tell LPub to create the "Layouts" it makes the parts needed for this step box HUGE, but the images that shows where they go in the step tiny? (URL) Am I doing something wrong? Is there a place to modify this setting? Could it (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  BIP Contest II - Update

We've reached another milestone on the (URL) BIP>, we've passed 800 added building instructions! The site has had a (URL) running for a while now to help encourage link additions, and it's worked like a champ. Joseph Gonzales won the Teaser Prize at (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Call for guest bloggers - BIP

Blog -- (weB LOG) - A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger." Blogs are typically updated daily (or regularly) using software that allows (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, FTX) !

  Pods: TIE Fighter & TIE Avenger

A&M LWorks has finally joined the Star Wars Pods Series with 2 creations of our own.1 Presenting AMLW #0013 TIE Fighter Pod (URL) Download the BIs here: (URL) and AMLW #0014 TIE Avenger Pod (URL) Download the BIs here: (URL) Check out the artwork (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: A&M LWorks Presents a Jamie Neufeld Creation: Slave-1 POD

Here is a preview of what the next Star Wars POD will be: after moderation: (URL) direct link (URL) (hint: TIE Fighter) (hint 2: TIE Avenger (not in image) also will be released soon) -AHui A&M LWorks (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  A&M LWorks Presents a Jamie Neufeld Creation: Slave-1 POD

(2 URLs) More images can be found here (after moderation): (URL) You can download the BIs from here: (URL) -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  A&M LWorks Presents a Jamie Neufeld Creation: TIE X1 Pod BI

(URL) You can download the BIs from here: (URL) -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) I didn't mention the taking out of your company's name because it seemed so obvious. But you've saved me some work anyway with this version. (...) Disclaimer snipped again (...) I'm on it. (...) Well, I know that now!! Thanks Ahui :-) Steve (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Amen, brother. I can give the instructions to anyone I please after I buy them. Licensed instructions, indeed. Someone has been reading too many half-baked EULAs from Microsoft. (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Doesn't make it seem like a very good market, then: "Please spend your money on my product, but only if you don't share your toys with other people. Otherwise, the bricknazis(1) will demand you pay me more money." Sounds like fun. Not. (1) The (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Agreed. I'm not allowed to let anyone else borrow the instructions I bought (play with my toy)? Yeah, right. It's my toy...license be darned. "sub-assemblies cannot be copied and used in another set of instructions without the authors written (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Off course! You might have to edit it so that instead of using A&M LWorks it says something like "author". I think this version might help you and could be used by all on the BI portal. DISCLAIMER Definitions (a) "Author" means copyright owner (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Disclaimer text snipped That's brilliant. That's what I wanted all along. Can I use it? and can I add it to the Brick instruction Portal resource page? Steve (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Another idea is these 3 times scale or mini-scale MOCs that people are cerating of other sets--a good friend made a 3 times scale MOC of an original LEGO space set--can he sell the instructions to that? After all, it's not the original space (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Sir, I was being daft long before this conversation began! 8^) Actually, I think my point is worth exploring. If I view your model and am able to reproduce it with a fair degree of accuracy, would you object if I sold it as my design? After (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Here is a "can disclaimer" that I use on all of my BIs. Note that I DO NOT SELL my BIs DISCLAIMER All content is provided as is, with no warranty stated or implied regarding the quality or accuracy of any content.  All trademarks, service (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) But only because the buyer has signed up to the terms of the disclaimer. (...) I only actually meant for the disclaimer to cover instructions. (...) Now your just being daft, and anyway these viewers cannot see the interior of the model. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) It has to be clear and it has to be restritive to be of any use at all. If it lets people know where they stand and what they can and can't do I don't see how theirs a problem. (...) Some people are bound to stick to the rules. Maybe we should (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Mistakes will always occur, and the disclaimer is only meant for saleable instructions. (...) Well I didn't invent it, blame the lawyers. (...) I'm british, but I get your drift. (...) The disclaimer is supposed to be broad. If applied to very (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

Steven lane wrote in message ... <snip disclaimer details> That all seems overly draconian to me (and I've been selling instructions for some years). The way I look at it, as long as someone is not making money off my instructions (copying and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) If the instructions are sold containing an error, then I agree that the author isn't accountable for buyers who purchase additional bricks from a separate source, but if the author is also selling the bricks to make the set, then the author is (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) > (...) If you are selling instructions you should make _certain_ that they are correct. If you are giving instructions away for fun, then do you really need this kind of protection? (...) Wow, what a great, litigious world that we live in, (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) . . . (...) That's never going to work in the real world. It doesn't work for books, music, or videos, and it won't work for building instructions either. You need to come up with a way to make your product more desirable than a borrowed copy. (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Disclaimer

I will soon be adding some instructions to the Brick Instruction Portal that I will be offering for sale. It occurred to me that I'd need a suitable disclaimer. I checked on Bip and found their wasn't one so I thought if I post on Lugnet I can get a (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I second Lar, this is a great idea, Kevin. I'm excited that the topic of Building Instructions has gained popularity over the last year or so, with the release of LPub, launch of BIPortal, etc. This contest could serve to further promote the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I got the point, but I'm not completely convinced. Anyhow, I really only suggested the LDRotM contest because I'm afraid the model sellers might be influential enough to eliminate even the *option* of publishing the LDR files in the MotM (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I agree. I also percieve this as a great catalyst for invention of new techniques and styles. (...) Raising the bar is a good thing. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) irrelevent. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Actually Don, I agree with all those points and am in favor of authors having the option to post their DAT/LDR/MPD files along with the images. My point is that within the scope of a completed model, having a contest on how the model is (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Ouch! That hurts. Did you bump your head or something? (...) I think you're missing the point. With an LDR file I can move the arms and legs of a Mech to see what it looks like in different poses. I can spin the gears of a robot even if I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I think you really are on to something now... The various instruction creator/authors all have their own styles, although some authors are similar in some areas to some other authors, you still can often tell who did which instructions if (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  MOC: Frog

Hi all, New MOC for my site after a while. It's a quick Christmas present I made for a friend. Link below. (URL) Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks. Instructions available, too. (2 URLs) (Bruce) (URL) LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage> (20 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.inst, FTX) !

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) Boy, that would be *very* hard to have happen automatically. Automatic placement of the color labels would be problematic at best. It is *much* easier to put the color labels in the part list image. The label is some location relative to the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) LPub's approach is a great one (and one that I use as well in the parts lists that I include in my instructions) but it doesn't do what Ahui is asking, precisely, that is, it doesn't provide "callouts with a letter for the color". I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) This is an old issue. All the building instruction books that Syngress has published are black and white. LPub supports this by indicating color in the part list images. (...) LPub. (...) I have a bit of experience here as well. Kevin (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) I print in B&W and also in color, but charge extra for color. I tend to make my models in only a few colors (no more than 3-4 main colors at most) so the various grays are distinguishable, especially since I use subassemblies, and I describe (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HqqMC2.21u4@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) output (...) kinkos (...) color (...) and (...) printing out (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Going to Kinko's to have them printed will cost a (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) I am not aware of any current application that will do callouts with a letter for the color. I think you are the first person I read/see/hear that has brought this issue up. =0 Does anyone have an application in the works that can do the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  It's Christmas time at the BIP

(URL) It's Christmas time at the BIP! I've pulled together just a few of the great Christmas/Holiday related creations and building instructions I've found out on the net. Check it out! (URL) Christmas> If you have more Christmas/Holiday related (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact