 Instructions / 620
Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 01:43:21 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Jake McKee wrote:
   Editor’s Choice
Battle Droid Miniland Figure - Michael Crowley

Holy shmokes!

I was on my way out the door today to head off to work, when I decided to take a quick check of my favorite websites before leaving. I opened up LUGNET, saw this post at the head of the “Top Stories” section on the main page, and thought I’d click on it to see who the winners were. I ended up being late for work. :-)

What I love the best is the criteria for winning Editor’s Choice: (from the BIP Contest II: Contest Reloaded page)

   “When Jake - your friendly neighborhood BIP Webmaster - so chooses, he will select his top choice. This is totally a personal choice, and based on...who knows? He’s a bit crazy at times!”

How perfect is that? I’m crazy most of the time!

Seriously, I can’t thank you enough, Jake. This really means a lot to me. And, after checking out the prizes, it seems as though I’ll be getting my very first train kit ever! Good thing, too: I was starting to feel a little “out of the loop” amidst all the train track in the NELUG displays. ;-)

I should also send a big “achuta” out to FBTB.net. All the awesome people there (staff and forum members) are the reason I built the Battle Droid (and all the other Star Wars Mini-Land figures, for that matter) in the first place. You hear that, Tony Danza and Mr. T? Blocky’s bringin’ home a BIPPY!

Anyhow, thanks again for the pick, Jake. It is greatly appreciated.

-Mike