 Instructions / 617
Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 01:04:10 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Jake McKee wrote:
   Well, after several months, and with 850 Building Instructions added to the BIP, the Contest II: Contest Reloaded has come to an end.

You can check out the winning entries at the BIP (as well as the fat prizes the winners have coming soon), but for a quick recap:

Grand Prize
Bolt Truck Flatbed - Ahui Herrera

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!

I cannot believe this. I read this post and had to re-read and then re-read it again! I still cannot believe it. Words fail me right now. You guys and girls should have seen me running around my apartment yelling and screaming: “I WOW! I WOW!” Never in my wildest dreams had I though I would win. Heck I have been making BIs for a while now not only to showcase my creations and what others have done but to also show everyone that BIs in it of itself can be a form of artwork!

I’m honored to have won the BIP Reload II Contest, but I cannot take all the credit. Over the years I have had help from many within and outside the community that have helped me improve me BIs technique, format and process. I especially like to thank Steve Barile for jump starting me into making BIs and showing me his “secrets” to the art of making BIs. Steve without your initial mentoring of me none of this would have been possible.

Lastly the Mafia: City of Lost Heaven – Bolt Truck Flatbed BI would never had been possible without the hard work and dedication of Andrzej M. Szlaga. It was his original inspiration to bring the Mafia: City of Lost Heaven cars to real life by making them into LEGO models that really started this project and later on allowing me to honor him by making BIs from his models. Thanks “shaggie”!

-AHui

A&M LWorks