 Instructions / 583
Re: Disclaimer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 19:43:06 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Kevin Wilson wrote:
Steven lane wrote in message ...
<snip disclaimer details>

That all seems overly draconian to me (and I've been selling instructions
for some years).

It has to be clear and it has to be restritive to be of any use at all. If it
lets people know where they stand and what they can and can't do I don't see how
theirs a problem.

The way I look at it, as long as someone is not making
money off my instructions (copying and selling - restricted by a simple
copyright declaration on the instructions  - or building models and selling)
I don't mind how they use them. I very much doubt if you could make most of
those requirements stick, legally or practically.

Some people are bound to stick to the rules.

Maybe we should just stick to copyright? I could just report back to bip with
that reccomendation and create a resource on that.

Steve